Chapter Twenty Four

Alecie P.o.v

I was sitting at the table with Anthony, his mother and Marie. I was playing with my food because they were talking about things that I wasn’t there to witness, and after what Mrs. Gradney said to me I was taking any chances of getting food poisoning.

Anthony noticed I wasn’t talking so he leaned over and spoke in my ear, “Are you okay you not saying much and that not the Alecie I know”

I chuckled and pushed him a little, “I’m good; just a little tired that all” he nodded but he probably understood the real reason I wasn’t talking.

“Mom have you found your dress for the wedding?” I looked up because I wanted to know too.

“Yes I did nil go get it so you can see it!” she said getting up from the table.

Moment later she came downstairs with a dress bag and when she unzipped it and gasped filled the room and out the corner of my eye I saw Marie looking at me with wide eyes. In her hand she held a lace dress that stop probably at her knees and it had a beautiful pattern on it, the thing that was shocking was that it was white. WHITE! How dare she pick a dress like that, it could have been in any other color but she choose that color.

“Mom you’re not going to wear that dress are you?” I’m sure anger was written all over my face and it just grew deeper when she gave her answer.

She looked at me and had the slightest smirk on his face, “Of course I’m going to wear it why would I?”

I glared at her and stood up from the table, I threw the napkin that was in my lap down and bump past her running upstairs.

Anthony P.o.v

“Mom you can’t wear that dress!”

She rolled her eyes, and put the dress to the side and sat back in her seat.

“I don’t see why I can’t wear it….”

Me and Marie looked at her like she was crazy, “Because it white!” we both yelled.

Again she rolled her eyes and waved her hand, “Why does it matter about the color as long as I got my dress. That all that should matter right? Plus she shouldn’t be wearing white anyway.” she said

“How would you feel if the man you were supposed to marry mother wore white to your wedding?” I retorted she rolled her eyes and the continued to eat like she didn’t do anything wrong.

I stood up from the table and began to walk upstairs but the doorbell rang.

“Anthony can you get that for me sweetheart?”

I rolled my eyes and went to open the door, when I opened it there was someone who I thought I would never see again, “Hello Anthony”

Marie P.o.v

I put my plate in the sink; I lost my appetite after what my mom did. I may not like the girl the girl but I don’t want to ruin her wedding day unless it is needed.

I walled to the foyer and Anthony was standing there frozen, he was blocking the person at the door.

“Anthony who is that?” he stepped to the side and showed a girl with piercing greed eyes, he hair was cut in a short cut, and she had a body to die for. Not to mention that she was pretty, I rose and eye brow and stepped in from of Anthony.

“Who are you?”

She smiled at me and held her hand out, “Jaelin Hankins but my friends call me Jae” I shook it but Anthony spoke up.

“What are you doing here Jae?”

“I got an invitation to the wedding and I came down to see it” she said smiling.

“Who invited you” he asked, my mom came into view the scene and the she ran and hugged Jae like they have been friends for years.

“Oh this should be good” I mumbled to myself.

“Mom what the fuck did you do?” my mom looked at Anthony all innocent and the she said.

“I just thought I would be a good idea if you old friend came to the wedding.”

“If it a problem I can leave, I don’t want to start any trouble”

Before Anthony can speak, “That nonsense you can stay here” she said grabbing her bags.

“Anthony why don’t you take her bags up to the guest room.”

“Why should I do that, she’s your guest not mines” he said and then walked upstairs.

My mom looked at me and I shook my head, this wedding should be interesting. …