Chapter 28

Caleb

If Maleficent had a son, it would be him. It really suits his nickname.

C: What are you doing here Darmala?!

D: Obviously coming to pick up both of you

He was looking at Jodi, a disappointed look on his face.

D: Its 2pm youre gonna be late. Now get dressed!

He barked an order and we both got out of the water. Jodi looked embarrassed to be seen kissing with me.... is she?

After we changed we headed back to our now destroyed car. Darmala took a look at it and assessed the damage.

D: What did you do? Drive this through a haystack full of needles? All of the tires are flat.

C: Way to point out the obvious!

D: I have a hook here. Come on. I'll pull you to McKendrick Prep but Ms. Diona won't like it.

We rode in his truck when he was pulling our car but it seemed so unlikely that he's here.

C: How did you know were here?

D: Corki. They were all razzled when they couldnt contact you so I volunteered.

C: Why did you even bother?

He didnt need to answer that. I already knew because he has feelings for Jodi too and she seems awfully quiet ever since Daramala came. This must be an awkward situation for her.

:::::

Sun hi

Its 3:37 pm and no sign of my bandmates Jodi and Caleb. I've tried calling them a billion times and still nothing.

S: Corki? Tell me something good

Co: Um..... Nothing yet.

S: Uggghhhh.

L: Whats all the commotion?

He and Alex are coming over.

S: Jodi and Caleb are still not here. And why do you even care?

L: I don't. I just wanted to see your face when I tell you that any band that doesnt come to the interview complete will be disqualified.

A: What?!

We all looked over to Alex who looked at Corki who I think were hiding something.

S: Corki??

L: Alex??

Alex and Corki looked at each other before they started talking at the same time, making no sense for me and Linc.

S: Whoa whoa whoa. Slow down and talk one at a time. I can't understand. Corki you go.

L: Whoa wait. Why does Corki have to explain? Why can't Alex?

S: Cause Alex is a traitor and Corki is my bandmate

Co: Hey dont talk to him like that.

A: Its okay Corki.

They both smiled at each other. I hope they dont tell me something I dont know. This is not going too well for us.

A: Darmala's not here either.

L: What?!

Hmmmm. I guess this day just got better.

S: Ha! Karma! Now youre gonna be disqualified and were gonna win!

L: Karma? Just in case you forgot Jodi and Caleb arent here either!