Chapter 43

Caleb

How can I take care of a baby? I'm still young. Will I have to get a job? What will everyone think of me now? A lot of things were rushing through my head right now. I hated it. It made me feel selfish... but I have every right to be. Right?

"Um... Mr. Davis?" The nurse popped out of her office again and this time I didn't want to go inside again so I just shook my head.

"What the fudge Caleb?!" Darmala scolded "Go in there! Jodi's still there" Oh right. She is... How do I face her?

"Hey! What happened?!" Linc comes in running with bunny slippers on. "Oh honey. You're late" Sun hi goes over to him and kicks me from where I sit.

"Go over there Davis!" I lazily drag my feet to where I sat, back to my girlfriend.

"Jodi" I didn't bother to knock. I knew she was alone... well, I thought so anyway "Ms. Diona?"

She looked at me the same way she looked at Jodi, with disappointment and I'm not so excited to see my family anymore. "So are you keeping it?"

"No" I answered at the same time Jodi said "Yes" and we just stared at each other, not really understanding what each of us is going through.

"I'll let you two talk on your own" Ms. Diona then exited through a back door and that was probably where she got in as well since none of us saw her come in, Mr. Stark was waiting for her outside so it was safe to say that he came to see Jodi too.

"What are you nuts?!" Jodi instantly yelled at me when everyone was gone.

"No... I-I just think it would be best if we didn't have it"

"It is a human being Caleb. I may be embarrassed when everyone finds out but I will never kill anyone for it"

"Jodi! We're  just kids! I can't take care of a baby. You can't either"

"But I'll try!" Her once beautiful face was now tear strained and red from anger just as I was.

"This isn't my fault Jodi" I let out one final sentence but I knew it was and she knew it.

"It's ours" She stood up from where she was sitting my instinct told me to help her so I let myself be controlled by it. "I'm sorry" her tears started coming back when she heard my words.

I pulled her into the hug and she was crying on my chest while my hand stroked her hair, trying to comfort her "I don't regret any of it Caleb... I don't"

"Me too" Liar.
=====
Ms. Diona came back inside after we made our decision... or when Jodi made our decision. She said not to let this secret seep out, which was kind of impossible since this was high school but I doubt any of our friends would tell. She also permitted us to continue the two months of school we had left since the bump wasn't showing.

"Thank you" She hugged her and Mr. Stark too, who asked her to let him be a godparent to the child which she happily agreed to.

Everyone was briefed of the current situation and everyone was excited except for me.

My fake smile wasn't noticeable but it was there and I've done this a few times to know that no one could see behind this "Honey, are you okay?" the fact that Jodi is calling me honey makes this all seem too real. "I need some air"

Darmala ran past everyone to keep up with me while they were all probably going back to bed. "Caleb!" I refused to turn around, instead I walked faster but four years in high school can never take away the clumsiness that has forever been a curse to me so of course I had to fall down.

"Caleb!" his footsteps came louder and faster until he reached up to pull me up. "What's wrong with you?!" Does everyone see through me?!

"Nothing!" I was still denying but I knew he could see beneath me "I'm just scared. I never done this before"

"No one has Cee, but we're here for you. You guys don't have to do it alone." His words put a smile on my face and made me think how we even hated each other before. "Thanks man"

:::::
Jodi

In a few weeks it will be our graduation, all of us will separate then me and Caleb will find a place of our own. I would take a year off college to take care of the baby and XOIQ will just have to wait for that world tour. Sun hi isn't happy about it but she supports me in this.

Corki and Alex finally became friends again, no one knew exactly if they were back together or not but I have hope. Caleb has become more caring than ever before but it seemed that he was a bit distant but that could be just me and my paranoid pregnant self talking.

It was our rehearsals today but none of the teachers had arrived yet so all of us girls were just talking until "Hello losers" We all heard a familiar voice.

"No. No. No. This isn't happening" Sun hi muttered before she, I and Corki slowly turned around.

"Ahhhhh!" She screamed with us along with her. No way is Valerie and Heather back here, evil alumni shouldn't be back here.

"What are you doing here?!" Corki was the first one to complain.

"Teachers are out of the school. Asked us to help out" It was heather who answered and something felt different about her. Something was not right here.

"Why does it have to be you two?" I say.

"Why don't you try asking them shortie" said heather, stooping to my height, trying to prove a point.

"Heeey honey" Caleb immediately stood between us as if to avoid any stressful arguments, it isn't good for me. He held my hand tight and Heather was looking at me as if she wanted to eat me alive.

Does she still like Caleb? I thought we got over this.

"You two... you're still together?" she does like him. "Back off sister! That's her man" Corki said, defending me since I was obviously not ready for this amount of stress now.

We sat further away next to L3 and chatted with them before the two evil dweebs called our attention and started the rehearsals.

------------------

Does Caleb really regret the baby? Why are they back? What happened to heather? Why does she seem like the HB now?

Yaaayy!!! update :D enjoy :)