Chapter 11

Caleb

J: You two don't look alike. You never look alike. I thought you guys were dating.

Suddenly everything fell into place. Jodi being weird around me and Corki, texting less and not wanting to make music with me. She thought I was dating my sister. Ugh. That is gross.

Co: Ew Jodi. That could never happen.

Mr. C: Yes. Specially since Corki isn't going to date anyone. Is that right Corki?

Co: yes father.

I saw Corki blush. I know she likes someone and that someone? It's Jared. They have been texting and having casual conversations. She hopes they'll date soon but I'm not sure father would approve of him.

J: Wait. Can you tell me why you guys didn't tell me this before?! I could have avoided being j--

Jealous? Was she going to say jealous? I saw Corki smirk at me. I knew it. She was jealous. Hopefully... Because that would mean she likes me too. Right?

J: being... jaaaaded?

Co: You don't seem sure.

:::::::

Jodi

J: I'm sure.

I said a little too quickly, boy I hope they didn't catch that.

Co: You do know what jaded means right?

J: yeahh.. its uh... um...

I don't really. I think I just heard it somewhere. 

Co: (giggles) it means tired. So us not telling you made you feel tired?

Oh no. They're on to me.

J: ahhh tat tat tat. You didn't answer my question.

Mr. C: As much as I I love spending time with my kids new friend.

Yes. I heard the sarcasm there.

Mr. C: We need to go. I need to see your principal. Can you guys answer that in the car?

Co: Yes. Of course. I'll sit next to Jodi. You can sit up front dad.

Mr. C: Well, not to offend you son. But I prefer to be seated at the back and I do want to catch up with you Corki.

Co: Jodi. You can sit in the front next to Caleb.

I looked at him and he looked at me. His eyes seemed to bore through me. I was blushing so much that it could probably match the red streaks on my hair.

C: (smiles) Is that okay?

J: Yeah. I'd like that. (Smiles)

Mr. C: Okay now that it is settled please lead us to Mckendrick Preparatory, Caleb.

C: Yes sir

We drove quietly all the way home. Except for Corki and Mr. Chang who were talking constantly about college and how her grades were doing. Caleb and I stayed quiet but surprisingly it wasn't awkward at all.

J: So umm.... You still haven't answered the question.

C: Oh right. We couldn't tell you guys because we couldn't trust you yet. I mean. Sun hi vlogs everything and you were friends first so it was kinda hard to just spill it.

J: But why not tell anyone?

Co: We're here Caleb!

Caleb came to an abrupt stop. This conversation was not over.