Chapter 26

Letter C has been chosen by the people! Haha. Really? In the middle of nowhere though hahaha anyways... On with the story! :)
---------
2 and a half weeks later

Jodi

When Linc told us about Band Blast, Sun hi was eager to give our submission but not as eager to get our mail. She even put up a tent outside of Ms. Diona's office just to wait for the mail.

L3's golden record came up this morning. Its already 2 in the afternoon and nothing came up. Sun hi now thinks we're cursed. She's pacing back and forth the room and its making me dizzy.

S: First, you were trapped in an elevator with a rival member

C: Yeah, Charmala.

Caleb added in, the tone of jealousy clear in his voice but i was so sick of people talking about it. Its been almost a week.

J: Can we not talk about that please?!

Everyone kept quiet and I pulled Caleb out for a while before Sun hi started speaking or complaining rather again about the delay of our record. I kinda feel bad for Corki having to listen to this but this was something I needed to do.

C: What's up?

J: Um... Caleb. We've been together for two weeks and its been great but...

C: But?! Please don't say you're breaking up with me. Ugh! Am I that unlovable?

I start to laugh and so does Corki and Sun hi. I gave him a quick hug before quietly returning to the topic. So does Sun hi, obviosuly.

J: No silly. I was... just gonna say that we havent had our first date yet.

C: What? No... I mean...

J: C'mon Caleb. Were always together, going to class together, going to Club Ry Ri and Performing together but that doesnt really scream date.

C: Oh... You're right. So... Jodi Mappa will you go on a date with me?

J: (giggle) I thought you'd never ask

Caleb and I slowly leaned in for a kiss but it seems like fate doesnt want us to kiss at alll because we had to stop midway from Corki and Sun hi's shrieking.

Mr. Stark was already at the door holding a big envelope. No doubt it was for us.

Mr. S: Mail's here girls! And boy.

Sun hi snatched the envelope then he sat there waiting for us to open and with one rip of Sun hi's hand it was like a cartoon animated glowing light appeared from the envelope. We got a golden record.

Everyone started cheering then pausing to look at Mr. Stark dancing weirdly.

L: So... Game on then?

Linc was already standing at the door, along with the other members of L3, challenging us with the question.

A: Good luck guys.

Alex says with a smile and Corki who seems to look at him differently.

Co: Thanks Alex.

And so does Alex. What is going on between these two? I was going to butt in and comment about their goggly eyes when Prince Charming here started squeezing my shoulders. I looked over to him and saw Charmala... I mean Darmala on the front door as well.

I'm guessing L3 came here to hear the news.

D: May the best band win

He emphasized the band, hinting that it was possibly not what he meant, and Caleb's palm tightened, it almost hurt.

J: Thanks Mal.

C: Mal?

J: Yeah. Sorry. Force of habit. That was his nickname in our town.

C: Mal as in Maleficent? The evil witch?

Co: Okay. Thats enough can you two stop before an argument starts. Or... another one.....

We all looked at Sun hi and Linc arguing, then at Mr. Stark who was not doing a great job in breaking them apart.

Mr. S: Okay Children why don't we have uh... Uh.... Yoga??

A: Ohhh! Yes! And tree pose!

Alex starts doing a tree pose. Sun hi and Linc instantly stopped to look at his clamness in all this mess.

Corki sighs dreamily and I glared at her, reminding her that she still had a boyfriend.

Co: So um... Linc, boys.... Mr. Stark, can you please go now. We have the results, I think we need rest.

Mr. S: Very well then Ms. Chang....... Boys! Lets go.

C: Bye love! I'll see you tomorrow.

Caleb says as he walks away with the boys. I hear Darmala scoffing and followed by Sun hi threatening Linc....Well... not really threatening with her high pitched almost squeaky cute voice "You're gonna be sorry you even started singing Linc harrison! Your band is going doown!!!"

:::::

Caleb

I had everything ready for today's date. Corki had suggested we have a hike to the spring up on Lana Lake Mountain (A/N: This is not a real place. I just made it up. Hahaha xD)

"Hi love!" Jodi comes behind up me and hugs me from the back. Although I know her short arms can't reach my body, I pick her up to get a better reach.

"Hmmm... My boyfriend is strong" she compliments before I set her down, attempting another first kiss.

"Ehem!" Oh that evil jerk!

"No PDA on school property Davis" Charmala shows his assistant hall monitor badge.

"Theres no school today Darmala"

He smirks. He's loving this job, I can feel it in my bones. Yes but I am tasked to check all vehicles that leave the school especially when driven with someone who does not have an adult with them"

"Mal, can you please let it slide?" Jodi pleads. "We still have an interview tonight and youre only holding us up"

Oh right. Sun hi did specifically say that we cannot be late for an interview set for the ones who got golden records.

"Okay Jodi. Let me just check the car" He circles around it, checks the tires the engine and honks the horn as a finale. Show off.

"Okay. Its safe now." He still had a grin on his face. Why do hall monitors need to check cars. Ugh. He just wants to flirt with my jodi.

"You can go now!" I dont even try to hide that I'm annoyed.

He leaves and suddenly Jodi giggles. " you are so protective" she grabs my hand "lets go"

We drove for about an hour already. The trail was further away from Mckendrick but I had no problem with that.

The wind was blowing fresh across our faces. I took in a deep amount.

Jodi and I listened to music while talking and eating... constantly eating. I'm shocked that she's not getting fat with all of the food she eats.

Our laugh dies down as soon as we heard a spurt in our engine. What is happening here.

I look out and saw nothing but sand. We must have turned through the wrong intersection. "Umm...."

Jodi wasnt panicking from the outside but her insides must be eating inside her. "Caleb why did we stop? What is going on here?!

"We... uh... were lost."

"Lost?!" She started. "Were in the middle of nowhere?!" Her eyes are staring to go crazy.

--------------------

Eep. Theyre stranded in the middle of nowhere. Thanks for your votes guys.

More of their date on the next chapter. :)