Chapter 37

Corki

Everyone was gathering around Sun hi when her twin signed her out of the hospital.

We were talking, some were sharing stories but I wasn't paying attention to any of it. My eyes were drawn towards Alex, still thinking if we would work out somehow. 

"Sun hi!" A familair voice shot through the crowd and we all looked at him--except for me. I already knew who it was and I didn't want to look at him.

"J-jared" the pink haired girl looked at me, hoping this doesn't get awkward gor me--it already is.

"How... nice to see you here."

"We were just about to go" Jodi supplies.

All of us seemed at lost for words, except of course for Sun mi whose eyes furrowed at confusion. "Who are you?!"

"Shut up Sun mi!" Her twin reprimands.

"Um... sorry. Valerie--" even her name sends a bullet right through my chest "--she didn't want me to come. But I had to. I wanted to see you" I may not be able to see him looking at me but the awkward tingling of the hairs behind my back say so.

"Um... Sorry. Sun hi. Are you okay?"

"Yeah I am" Sun hi hugs him and sheds a tear, so does Jodi. They miss him as much as I did but everything was too much.

"We have to go" I said, breaking their hug.

"Um yeah" Says Jared to which I was relieved.

We all went outside, saying goodbye to the nurses and doctor who helped Sun hi.

Our energy was drained from the moment we stepped foot outside-- it was night time, past my eight hours. This is going to affect my sleep-wake cycle. And I still have an Algebra test tomorrow. Or no wait. Was it Chemistry? Oh no. This late night is affecting my brain!

"Corki!" Alex had to shake me from my thoughts. "Hey. Are you okay?"

"Calm down Alex" Jodi looked at her watch "It's past her bedtime. She always spaces out like that when its past ten"

Alex mentally sighs while giving me a relived smile. It's nice to see someone care for you like that but at the corner of my eye I can see Jared looking glumly at us.

We all lined up to sit in Caleb's car and I was last, so by the time I wanted to take a seat it was already full.

"But we fit in a while ago!"

"But Sun hi is here now. You can ride with Jared" Caleb suggested, as if he didn't know anything but being the brother he is, I know he's trying to do what he thinks is best.

"No. It would be too much"

"No. No. Wait Corki. Come on. I don't want to go home alone anyway. If you wanna ride up front?"

"See Jared's fine with it" Caleb intersects.

"If Corki's uncomfortable I can go instead" Alex offers.

I thought about it and I know that it would be much better if it wasn't Alex but no one else wanted to offer so I have to sacrifice.

"No. I'll be fine." I looked at Jared before waving at them. "Come on. I don't want to be late for my sleep"

"Oh right. I remember. It's past ten." He smiles as his brain sends the memories right through "We'll make it in 10 minutes"

I smile at his consideration "Thank you Jared."

It was quiet the whole ride through and my phone was beginning to annoy me. "Ugh! Stop making a sound!" Jared laughed at my reaction.

"Sorry. It's just...."

"I know...you hate the noise" I nodded shyly as he stated the fact. It's like he remembers everything about me.

"It's kind of ironic, dont you think? I mean your dad makes electronics but you practically hate the sound of your own phone" 

"I don't!" I shrieked which made him come to an abrupt stop before starting again "Um... Sorry. I meant that I hear the beeps so much when they sample it that it becomes maddening when it is being constantly repeated"

He giggles again "Okay Corkster. Calm down" I missed that nickname. It sounds so beautiful when it comes from his lips.

"We're here" he stops again. 

"Thank You Jared" I gave him one last hug before I reached for the handle of the door which of course he stopped me from. 

"I love you" Now this was something I didn't hear for a while, even when we were together Jared rarely said that to me. 

"Jared. Please stop."

"No. Corki. I made a mistake-"

"Mistakes" I corrected.

"Mistakes?"

"It was not once Jared!" I started to scream "You dated her once. You rekindled your love. You kissed a bunch of other times. Apart from which I saw"

"Okay okay. I did.." he sounded exasperated by this late argument but it didn't stop him from blurting out the next words "But it was only because you were so focused on your music and may I remind you to Alex Phan. That blonde haired viber!"

"Hey! Don't blame this on me! I didn't kiss Alex. It was merely a crush" I was lying. It was more than that but my pride got the better of my values.

"I know you're lying and I'll let it slide. My point is... We all make mistakes. I'm not perfect and so are you but my chin missed being admired by you and scratched by your delicate hands and I miss your kisses everytime Valerie's lips meet mine-" I'd rather not imagine that "-she could never make me feel the way I do with you" 

The words planning to flow through my lips had just stopped and suddenly my mind was blank. My eyes were just blinking in unison and his eyes were waiting for me to melt and when they didn't his lips crashed on mine. 

I deepened the kiss when he cupped my face with his hands which I supported when I put my hands around his neck. Sure it was awkward in the car but it didn't matter to me, to us. He was all I needed now.

"Corki?" When I heard a voice coming outside, my lips instantly detached from his and I could tell a red hue was already plastered all over my face.   

-----------------------------------------------------

Who could it be? :O Oh no! Corki, what about Corlex????

hahaha Okay guys I'm sorry that I haven't been updating for a while now. It's just been so busy with my reports and I sorta kinda got a bit lazy in writing due to the numerous amounts of fanfiction I have to read from my library. I even sometimes forget to vote because of all the binge reading. Hahaha. Also I am sorry for leaving this little cliffhanger for you guys but it had to be done :) #EvilSquad.

Thanks a bunch :* Enjoy :)