Family .vs. Friends{35}

Chapter  35

*POV*

Sang Sorenson

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3

At the first store we went into, Marissa immediately found clothes that she felt were quite a it better than any I owned.

I thought they looked like something a girl on a corner would wear. And then tug down and ask you if you were looking for a good time. But that could be my annoyance at even being here showing through. I made sure to voice my opinions of her taste in clothing, this time assured of myself since I'd decided that Bryan was obviously just here working Mickey.

I mean, there was no way he actually came back to AW, found Mickey, and started kissing her all without even telling his supposedly-loved baby sister that he was even in the same state. Not without a reason. SO maybe he found out that Mickey was helping Marie try to take my spot, and he thought making her like him was a good way to help me keep my rank.

My mind laughed at me that that was a long shot and I was grasping at straws.

I told it to shut up.

Stepmother managed to keep her polite smile as she pushed me into the dressing room and demanded I only come out once I've changed into new clothes.

I grabbed the first thing and I saw out of the pile and grimaced as I dressed. It fit tight and the dress part at the top pushed up boobs that I honestly would rather not be pushed up.

I could wear it to school because it was still black bottoms and white top, and technically I wouldn't be breaking the dress code. But the question was could I be a 1 in it?

Not sure if I was being paranoid or not, I let my thoughts wonder knowing that the longer I took, the more frustrated mommy dearest would become. Is that her plan? Take away my rank? Maybe buy me all kinds of slutty looking clothes so that no one would respect me anymore, or maybe just clothes that I couldn't fight in? Does Marie know about this? Is that why she didn't drag Marie along? Are they working together so that Marie can take my spot as a 1 and I have to endure this torture with Marissa?

A hand landed in my hair and pulled until I felt like it was going to be ripped out at the roots, the intense sting bringing involuntary tears to my eyes. "Don't fucking ignore me you spoiled little bitch," she grated into my ear. I was wondering how long it'd take her to drop the act.

"Hi, do you folks need any help," a kind female voice called out from outside of the dressing room. I would've shouted yes just to get Marissa to let me go, but I was a 1. I was the one that was called to help others. I wouldn't let this she-witch think she had me beat at anything.