Train Station

I arrived at the train station after taking the bus there. The station was huge. How the Fuck was I supposed to find Ed?

I know! I ran towards the information towards a woman who clearly worked at the station.

"When's the next train London?" I asked her eagerly.

"Erm, 8:04 at platform 6." The woman pointed to the platform as I noticed the time. "It hasn't come yet, it was running a little late."

The time was 8:03 right now! Thank goodness it was late.

"Thank you!" I yelled to the woman whilst running off.

I paced towards the platform as fast as a fox. Please say I haven't missed him. Please!

I got to platform 6 and studied passengers faces. There was a sea of people walking in different directions as well as boarding trains.

In the corner of my eye I spotted a hint of orange. Wait, that wasn't any old orange. That was Ed's ginger hair!

"Ed!" I screamed at the top of my lungs, grabbing his attention. Rapidly I ran towards him as he dropped his bags.

I wrapped my arms around him, embracing his hug. Tears drooped from my eyes and pricked at his top. I felt the dampness on my shoulder too and realised Ed was crying too.

"Jessica, I'm so sorry I didn't tell you. I'm so sorry I didn't say goodbye." Ed whimpered whilst pulling away from our hug.

"Oh Ed its alright." I kissed him passionately not wanting to let go.

He pulled away and wiped away his tears.

"I still have to go Jess." Ed muttered.

"Please, let me come with you." I pleaded.

"I can't, you have your whole life ahead of you. I can't ruin that for you." Ed told me.

"Then wait for me to finish high school at least!" I cried.

"What about college? University?" Ed reasoned. "Your dream is to be teacher. You can't spoil it because of me."

"And your dream is to be a singer..." I trailed off.

"Yeah..."

"And you can't spoil that because of me." I understood.

"Oh Jessica, you could never spoil anything for me. I wish I could take you with me, I do. I know you think me leaving is selfish-" Ed began.

"No." I interupted. "You aren't selfish. I could never think that. I read your song, its amazing." I shoved the crumpled piece of paper in his hand.

"These dreams." Ed realised.

"Everything you have done since I have met you, was for me. Now its time you did something for you. Follow your dreams." Tears streamed down my face.

"I love you Jessica." Ed tried to hold back his tears, but failed. He wiped away all the tears from my face and held his hand against my cheek.

The train had pulled up at the station now and passengers were boarding.

"I love you too Ed. I can't wait for the day when I turn on the radio and hear your beautiful voice coming out from it. You're destined for the stars." I told him.

His hand fell from my face and dropped to my hand. He squeezed it tight. I could tell he was scared.

"Take care Jessica." Ed whispered.

"You too." I managed to say from all the tears.

His hand slowly left mine reaching out. I watched in agony as he entered the train.

"Jessica!" I heard the sound of Mark's voice yell. I could hear his voice travelling closer and closer but ignored it.

I saw Ed in the window of the train and he blew me a kiss. I caught it in my hand and watched the train leave the station. Watched Ed leave my life.

"Jessica what are you doing?" I heard Mark's angry voice come up from behind.

I turned around to face him, tears running down my face.

"Jessica?" Mark's tone instantly went gentle as he saw the misery on my face.

"He's gone." I croaked.

Mark realised that Ed had run away and stretched his arms out for a hug.

"I'm so sorry Jessica." Mark apologised.

I accepted his offer of a hug and cried silently into his arms.

"Come on, lets take you home." Mark said.

I released myself from his grip and let him lead the way.

"Goodbye Ed." I whispered to myself.