Back to the start

"What do you mean, fall in love all over again?" I asked confused.

"Enough with the questions, just follow me." he winked. "And thanks a bunch Nikki."

"No problem." Nikki giggled. So that's why Nikki was acting all strange, because Ed was here. Ed probably planned that boy with the bag of leaves and the fan too.

Ed lead me into the empty school making a billion memories flood through my mind.

"I thought I told you I didn't want to see you again?" I told him.

"Did you now?" Ed acted shocked. "I must have mis-heard. You know me Jess, always mis-hearing things." he smirked sarcastically then winked.

"How did you get permission to be in here?" I asked curiously, ignoring his flirtatious actions.

"I pulled a few strings. I am technically famous now." he smirked.

"Right. But what are we doing here? What did you mean when you said-" I started.

"Jess." he cut me off. "Just relax." he winked.

"Good old Ed." I chuckled. "Always full of mysteries. And his love of winking at me."

"Jess you know me like I now myself." he smiled. "Now come on, we're behind our schedule."

He grabbed my hand, giving me butterflies, and started running up the corridor like a kid. Just like he used to. We climbed up the tiring stairs onto the deserted second floor. We had the whole school to ourselves.

"Why have you taken me here?" I asked, instantly knowing he wouldn't tell me why.

"Its our old form. The music room." he beamed. He karate kicked the door open to reveal the music room. I was struck by many memories of entering this room when I was younger. All of those times were with Ed.

He ran into the room and spun around in the empty space, arms stretched out. He snatched at my hand and twirled me around under his arm like he had done so many times before.

"You weirdo." I laughed.

"That's Mr. Weirdo to you." he grinned. "Look, come in here."

He made his way to the edge of the classroom where there was a small room connected to it. He opened the door and lead me in.

"Now this room is a very special room." he stated matter of factly.

"And why would that be?" I quizzed.

"Because this is the very room where you first heard a song of mine. I remember it so well because you actually cried." he explained.

Instantly I remembered. It had been only a few days since my mum passed and Ed let me listen to his song he was doing as a project.

"Autumn Leaves it was called, wasn't it?" I said.

"That's the one." Ed grinned knowing I had remembered that specific day. "You said it was beautiful and that I was an amazing songwriter." he said effortlessly like he didn't have to think about it.

"It was, and you are." I stated.

"Then I called you beautiful and I felt this little spark between us." he walked close towards me so we were face to face. "I desperately wanted to kiss you in that moment." he whispered. I genuinely thought he was going to kiss me right then, but he pulled away. "But I didn't."

It was like Ed was re-creating that moment from 5 years ago. It felt so familiar.

"RINGGGGGGG!" the school bell shrieked making me jump and I let out a light squeal.