Chapter 13

Emmah's POV

I can't help but scoff at her and mentally call her rude names. She just smiles and shrugs her shoulders a bit. Jace is the first to talk this time, "is that true?". "I wouldn't say it's a complete lie." She tells him. He pulls her away from us and talks stuff out with her. I turn to Alex again and ask if he's ok. He nods his head and just tells me to eat our lunch. I can't help but have a quick hate feeling for her, because she cheated on Alex. Once lunch is over we go to our classes for the rest of the day and then go to the boys baseball practice. Alex is back to normal now and Jace has a sad look on his face. "what happened between you two?" I finally come out and ask him. "We aren't together anymore, I broke up with her at lunch.". He tells me, obviously feeling sad about it all. I tell him that it'll be okay and that he can get a better girl.

Alex can't come over because me and Jace planned on going dress shopping once we got home. Ava met us at our house and we drove to a little dress shop. We look around for a while, trying on different dresses and making Jace put on weird tuxes. I eventually go d a dress that I fall in love with and decide I'm getting that dress. It was a deep purple floor length dress that was fitted at the top but flared out at the bottom and had a sweetheart neckline lined with beads. The top has small flowers designed into it too. I found a paired of heals and then was done with with shopping. Now it was time to find Jace a tux that he liked. While he tried them on, he found a way to complain about everyone we gave him somehow. Eventually we force him to pick the best one out of them all and tell him he's getting that. We get done shopping so we drop of Ava and then go home.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Throughout the week, the KaLee chick keeps on trying to make moves on Alex but he spites her by turning to me and kissing me In front of her. She eventually gives up and for the most part leave us alone the rest of the time. We find Jace a new date for prom too. Prom is tonight. I can barely concentrate on my classes since I'm so excited about going to a dance. Once the school day is finally over, since the boys got the day off from baseball Alex goes home to get read and me and Jace do the same. Ava come over and does my hair and make-up to perfection and then helps out Jace too. I'm finally ready so I text Alex saying it's okay for him to come over now. He looks absolutely hot in his tux and his hair all brushed through nicely. He gets out of his car and sees me and just stops in his tracks. "You look so amazing Emmah." He tells me. I blush and ask if he's ready to go. We made a plan that Alex and me and Jace and Michelle, Jace's date, would all go on a double dinner date before prom. Jace picks up Michelle and we all meet at a fancy restaurant to eat. We all talk and laugh with each other in between eating our dinners. We pay for our food and head to the dance.

The prom is at a big expensive hotel in a ballroom, it looked so pretty. Flower garlands hung from the ceiling and dimmed lights were shining everywhere, Giving the place a pretty glow to it. We separate into our owhIn pairs and dance for a while together. When the slow songs are played, Alex holds me close and we just look into each other's eyes with such passion it's indescribable. We get drinks and socialize with various people Alex is friends with at school and dance. At the closing of the prom, they play the last slow song and we dance together romantically. At the end of the song, Alex leans down and kisses me gently but forcefully at the same time. I'm really sad to see that the night is over so soon, I wish we could stay like that forever. We promised Jace that we would be home that night and would be back before it's morning.

Me and Alex leave the hotel after they kick us all out and say good bye to a few people first. Alex takes us to a lake and we walk along the dock in just the glow of the moonlight. We hold hands and just look into each other's eyes, no need for words. It's almost time fir our curfew from Jace to be back so we start walking back to the car, never letting go of the others hand. He walked me to my side of the car and opens the door and helps me inside the car so I don't leave out part of my dress. He starts the car and start driving back to my house. We talk about the hotel the prom was at and how well it was put together and the night in general. The light turns red so Alex stops the car and waits for it to go green again. He starts to say something but I never heard what he was going to tell me. The last thing I remember is seeking head lights from my side of the car coming fast towards us and then nothing.