Chapter 16

Emmah's POV

Kalee leans forward so she's barely an inch from my face. I move my head away from her as she moves forward because I don't even know her and its just weird. She sees how uncomfortable I am and smiles proudly knowing that she's the cause of it. "So I'm going to tell you this once and if you don't listen then you'll probably regret it, got it?" she threatens me. I nervously nod my head 'yes' and she continues on. "I want to get back with Jace and your going to make it happen.". What? Why would she want my help to get her 'back' with Jace? I didn't even know that they were together at all. "why would I want you to be with Jace? I don't even know who you are." I tell her defensively. She backs away from my face, clearly angered with my stubborn response. "your going to keep Alex away from Jace so I can get him alone and show him what he's missing out on." I open my mouth to reply but she backs away from my face and struts out of the room with the same smirk on her face.

I can't even register what she just told me or even think about who she is until the door opens up again. I thought it was her again so I try and sit up straighter and look somewhat put together. But it isn't her luckily, it was Jace and another girl which I assume is Michelle. I try and act normal so they don't get worried over me. "Hey Emmah! This is my girlfriend, Michelle." I smile and give her a small wave. "Have we met before, I'm sorry I don't remember." I ask Michelle. She smiles at me and I see that she has dimples on either side of her mouth. "Well, we kinda met at prom but we never really talked at school or anything." I nod my head and try and remember, but like usual, I don't. Before we say anything else, Jace pipes up and says, "oh! And I brought somebody else you might want to see." and just walks out of the room. "Well, ok then." Michelle says. He bursts back I to the room with a small husky in his arms. "This is your dog that Alex gave you, you named her Shakira." He tells me as he carefully places Shakira on my lap. "awe! She's so cute! I love her!" I exclaim excitedly as I pull her into an embrace and pet her head. Jace and Michelle laugh at me and sit down next to me. I'm feeling a little better so I can kind of play with her a little. I lay in my bed and play with Shakira and decide to ask Jace a question. "who is kalee?" This makes Jace stop talking to Michelle completely and look at me with a stunned expression on his face. I raise one eyebrow and wait for him to tell me who she is. "Well, I dated her for a little bit and then I found out that she used to date Alex and cheated on him. So I broke up with her. How do you know her and why do you want to know about her?" He tells me. "Oh I was just wondering, I heard about her from somewhere that all." I tell him trying to brush it all off. "Ok?" He replies clearly confused with me. A ding goes off signalling that somebody got a text, "oh, that's me!" Michelle says grabbing her phone from her pocket. She reads the message and then frowns. "My dad wants me to go home and let the dogs out. Sorry but I have to go home guys." She tells us sadly. "I can give you a ride home, if it's ok with Emmah." He looks to me and I smile and nod my head at him yes. We all say our goodbyes to each other and then they walk out of the room together, this time leaving me with Shakira.

My room is the place to be apparently because not even five minutes after Jace and Michelle leave, Alex walks back into my room. He is pretty attractive if I do say so myself. His hair was all ruffled up and he had a sweatshirt and shorts on like usual. "Hey." is all he says. I smile and wave at him and reply with a lame, "hi". He walks over to me and sits on my bed with me and looks at his hands. "I have been wanting to do this ever since you woke up from the accident." What? He leans over me and puts his hand down on the other side of my arm and then kisses my lips. I kiss him back and all of a sudden.

I remember.