Chapter 2

"Looks like someone has taken a liking to Y/N." I hear someone say and I open my eyes to see Lafayette's face. I decide to just stay there and listen to what they say.

"I wouldn't blame him. Have you seen her?!" Mulligan says slightly loud.

"Shush. We don't want to wake the happy couple." John said laughing.

There's a knock on the door and someone opens it, "Hey guys! Whoa! Did Y/N and Laf hook up?" Alexander says getting quieter after seeing Lafayette and me.

"That's what we were thinking." Laurens says. I can almost see the smirk on his face while he says it.

Lafayette stirs in his sleep and I see an eye pop open. He looks down at me and I signal him to be quiet. At first he looked confused but then heard another snide remark about us and payed attention to what they were saying.

"I'm sure that they couldn't have came in much later then we did I mean Y/N couldn't even walk." John says as they were trying to figure out if we hooked up or not.

The look on Lafayette's face shows that he is beyond annoyed that they would say something about him like that. "We did not hook up." he says sitting up and giving them all the death glare.

I was about to get up when he fired back at Alexander for just saying sorry.

"Do you really think I would hook up with a girl like Y/N." Laf says hurting my feelings a bit. "She doesn't deserve to be hooked up with and left like any other girl. Y/N vaut plus que cela."

I smile at him as he lets me sit up finally.

Laurens, Mulligan, and Hamilton just stare at him obviously shocked by the words that just came out of his mouth.

"I'm gonna go." Hamilton says breaking the silence as Laurens and Mulligan follow him out of the barrack.

"Are you okay?" he asks me.

"Yes. Are you?"

"As long as you are here. Oui."

He gets up and begins to get out some clothes to wear for the day as I do the same.

"I'll see you in a little bit." He tells me leaving the room so I can get ready. I smile as he leaves the room. I pull out a black shirt and some tan pants putting them on along with my boots and jacket. The mirror hanging from the wall is the perfect length that shows my whole body. Looking at it seems like an illusion. A year ago I would have never seen myself here.

Weak and helpless. Now I am strong and content with who I am.

I reach inside my jacket and pull out a locket. Inside holds a picture of my father and mother. It's been over a year since they've been gone. Everyday doesn't get worse but it doesn't get any better. I'm hoping this war will keep my mind off of this. Only time will tell.

"Mon amie. Are you ready yet?" Lafayette says through the slightly open door breaking me from my thoughts.

I put the locket back in the pocket and answer him with a yes. I open the door and he takes my hand leading me to the others.