Chapter 12

"He what?!" Angelica asks me with a look of surprise on her face.

"He asked me to marry him." I said.

"But you've only known each other for less than a year. Plus most well almost all of that time he's been away at war. Are you sure that you want to do this?" she asks.

"It just feels right. I know that if I don't marry him today or tomorrow it will still be someday. So why should we wait?"

Angelica sighs,"They leave Sunday night that means that if you would like to be married before he leaves it has to be tomorrow. I'm not saying I support rushing this. Y/N this just seems like a quick decision that you gave no thought on."

"Angelica I made my decision when I said yes. I have thought about it. He's what I want." I tell her a bit frustrated she's against this. I do agree that it's rushed but like Laf said we may not be here tomorrow. Angelica still looked disappointed in my decision.

"Look I don't want to rush things but who knows how long they'll be with us." I added.

"I guess we'll just have to have the wedding this weekend. If possible." Angelica says.

"It doesn't have to be big. All I need is you guys and a wedding certificate." I say.

"Well you need a dress." she says quietly,"Let's get Peggy."

I smile at her as we walk to Peggy's room that was just down the hall,"Peggy do you want to come shop for a wedding dress with us?" Angelica asks her.

"Eliza and Alex are getting married? I totally called it." she say getting up from her bed.

"No. Y/N and Lafayette are. Now let's go." Angelica says.

"Oh okay." Peggy says a little surprised and sad which is odd.

We ride into town and Angelica insists taking me to the most expensive store there.

"You really don't need to do this." I say as we get into the store filled with beautiful gowns.

"It's my treat. I know you don't have your parents any longer. I may have not known them but you deserve this. They would want you to have all this." Angelica says.

We all look through the dresses together. Peggy occasionally picking out one for herself then Angelica rolling her eyes at her,"We're here for Y/N not you."

"It should be for me." Peggy says barely audible but I still catch it as she rolls her eyes. She's never been like this before and I've stayed with them for almost a year.

"Are you okay?" I ask her.

"Why wouldn't I be?" she asks smiling. I can tell it's fake which honestly hurts a little. I try to shake it off walking over to Angelica as she holds up the most beautiful I've ever seen.

"That's the one." I say speechless.

"Then let's buy it." she smiles and then pays for it.

"Thank you for everything." I give her a hug before we go to leave town back to the house.

"It's no problem Y/N." Angelica says returning the hug,"Lafayette is a lucky guy. Now let's go finish the other preparations for the wedding."

"Perfect." I tell her as Peggy looks at us with an annoyed expression. I sigh at her look but ignore it once more.

·-·

The next chapter is your wedding ;)

Any thoughts about how Peggy is acting?
I

haven't watched the Hamilton documentary yet so I'm really disappointed in myself because I totally forgot that it was Friday and I was hanging out with some of my adult friends and didn't record it.

Does anyone here watch The Walking Dead? Anyone?