Chapter 18

I wake up to more thuds and possible gun fires. I would try to figure out what's going on but the stupid chain restrains me from doing so. Then the basement door opens. A distraught Harry runs down the stairs as fast as possible. 

"What's going on?" I ask him worried about all of the noises upstairs.

"They've found us I have to go. I didn't come down here if anyone asks. Just say that you got away by yourself. This is your time to go." Harry frantically says undoing the chain allowing me to move freely. I stare at him not believing a word he just said,"I have to go stay safe." With that he races back up the stairs to who knows where without me being able to ask him anything more. After the realization that I can leave hits me I jump up and run up the stairs. I throw the door open running to the room Lafayette was once in. There was no one there. 

"No." I say quietly to myself. I begin to search the house as Harry's word repeat in my head, they've found us. By they does he mean the colonists? Throughout the whole entire house there is no sign of anyone. Just silence. The bad kind of silence. What's even worse is that I have no clue where I am. I open the door to the outside and I'm in the middle of the woods. The red coats couldn't have gotten to far from here. Not that I'm looking for them. I'm looking for Laf and I he's with them then I guess I am looking for red coats. I know it would be smart not to go alone but there isn't any time. Slowly but surely I make my way into the woods possibly getting even more lost than I was. I know that I haven't been out here long but I got tired very fast and my feet ached. That is until I heard some thing. Or perhaps someone. 

"Hello?" I call out. Then a moment later a bunny jumps out from behind a tree making me jump. I sigh in relief that it's just a little creature. Right as I look at the bunny I hear a bang and it's white fur now turns red. I step back looking up to see no one else but Jefferey.

"Thought I'd let you get away didn't you?" He smiles reloading his gun. I turn around and run as fast as I could to get away from him. Of course he would still try to get me. I get a good distance away then a gun fire goes off and a tiny piece of the tree I ran past flies off. Now that I was far enough into the woods the tree leaves were thicker making it harder to find me. I step behind the thickest trees far enough away from Jefferey I think. It's not until a gun is fired a little bit to my right is fired that I know it's not far enough away. I take off in full speed again now hardly able to see where I'm going because of my blurred vision until I hit something. 

"Y/N!" I hear someone say in a hushed french whisper. 

"Laf! We gotta go Jefferey is behind me. We have to run." I say frantically now crying. 

"Okay let's go." he takes my hand as we run even farther away from Jefferey. We were both at full speed and he was practically dragging me. He didn't notice until my foot got stuck in a hole pulling me back from his grasp. 

"Oh my gosh Y/N. Are you okay?" he asks me kneeling down to the ground by my side as I wince in pain.

"I don't think so. Let's just go." I say trying to stand back up failing. I fall back to the ground only to be picked up by Lafayette and dragged into a ditch like area. 

"Let me see." he said laying me down. I put my leg on his lap and he looks at my ankle,"This isn't good." 

"It sure isn't." Someone else says besides us. 

"Shit." I whisper to myself as Laf pulls me into his chest. 

"What do you want from us?! We don't know anything!" Laf yells at Jefferey as I cry into his chest. He's practically digging his own grave. 

"I don't care." Jefferey says quiet but sternly,"Curtis why don't you get this lovely couple!" 

"No." I say as Curtis comes down the ditch along with Joe,"Please just let us go." 

"We only take orders from Jefferey." Curtis says harshly before separating Lafayette and I him tying my hands together behind my back while Joe does the same to Laf. We walk back the opposite direction we ran then I see a camp that they must've set up. The whole walk back was full of pain shooting up my leg. I'm actually glad they'll let me sit. 

"Tie them to that tree over there! I've got a surprise for them later."Jefferey commands and two others take us to the tree. At least we'll be together now. They tie a big rope around our waists. I'm surprised Laf hasn't tried to fight them yet. Maybe he has. After they finish tying us up they leave us in peace but I can't help but think of what possibilities the surprise Jefferey has for us are. 

"Hey." Lafayette says quietly,"I'm sorry."

"For what?" I ask him softly to tired to speak up.

"This is all my fault. I should've never dragged you into the forest to talk to you in the first place. And now we're in this mess. I just didn't want you to get hurt." Lafayette starts crying as I do as well. 

"I love you." I say through the tears running down my face.

"I love you too." he whispers. I lay my head against the tree closing my eyes from this filthy goddamn world. It doesn't seem like I sat there with my eyes closed for very long until I heard that horrifying voice. 

"Matthew bring them up! It's showtime." 

·-·

I'm literally dozing off while writing this and it's only 7:10 p.m.

Anyone else hate Jefferey?