Chapter 30

"I can't believe that this is happening." Angelica said to me as she was helping me get dressed.

"You guys are so perfect for each other. I've never doubted that you two wouldn't be together forever. We all love you two so much. I'm so happy for you." Eliza said to me smiling and I smiled back.

"Alright we have about 10 minutes until we need to take our seats and then you'll be walking down the isle. Again." Angelica added.

"We'll see you then." Eliza hugged me along with Eliza and they both left the room I was in. I stared into the mirror for a little bit. Thinking everything over. Today is the day I am going to marry the man I was meant to spend the rest of eternity with.

"Wow." someone said from the doorway and I turned around to see that it was Hercules.

"Thanks." I said smiling at him.

"Are you ready?" he asked smiling.

"Yes." I walked over to him and we linked arms walking towards where I would be getting married.

We then reached the isle and all eyes were on us. This time walking down the isle felt different. I guess it's because I knew that no matter what happened I wouldn't leave until I was married to him.

The look on Lafayette's face is something I'll always remember. It reminded me of the night I first met him.

Before I knew it I was standing in front of Laffeyette and all of our closest friends. It felt like there were butterflies in my stomach as the officiator went on.

It was then time for the vows along with the rings. The officiator let Laf go first and he looked nervous yet confident at the same time.

"Y/N." He said then paused mutter something in French that I couldn't quite make out so I just smiled,"Y/N. I came here to the colonies just to fight alongside the patriots. Never in a million years would I have thought that I would be getting married to the most amazing person in the world. When I first saw you it was like I was in a whole different place. Throughout everything you've stood by my side. You've cared and listened. I know I don't deserve you but I love you and I want to spend the rest of my life with you."

Everyone in the room was crying or at least teary eyed. Then it was my turn.

"I always thought that I was going to be alone. I'd never even thought that I'd be able to meet someone and feel so strongly about them. Not only that but have them feel the same way. I know that we've both made mistakes but I don't care what happens or what happened. I'm in love with you and I'll always be there for you. I don't know what I would do without you."

A tear streamed down his face and he smiled. This was really happening. It was way more emotional than I thought it'd be.

The officiator asked for the rings and Eliza and Alexander brought them up to us. We both took one and listened to everything we had to say from the officiator.

It wasn't until Laffeyette was supposed to put my ring on that we realized he had his own and I had mine. We just laughed and went along with it leaving confused faces at the laughter.

After Lafayette said 'I do' it was my turn. We both quickly fixed the rings and went along with the rest of it.

And finally after saying 'I do' once again the officiator said what we were all waiting for.

"You may now kiss the bride."

I'm pretty sure Laf didn't even let him say the whole sentence before kissing me. Everyone clapped and cheered. I could pick out a few comments from John and Hercules making me laugh a little.

The officiator finally ended it with,"Introducing Mr. and Mrs. Marie-Joseph Paul Yves Roch Gilbert du Motier de La Fayette, Marquis de La Fayette."

Somehow the cheering got louder as we both held hands and walked down the isle. Then finally exited the room. Lafayette took me behind a corner before anyone else started coming out. He kissed me softly then saying,

"Hello Mrs. Lafayette."