SEQUEL : Chapter 2

"Are you sure you're ready for this?" Laf asked as he pushed a piece of my hair behind my ear.

"Yes. I am completely ready to finally have a job. Plus I can't refuse Mr. Washington's nice gesture to help me secure this job." I assured him.

"I know. Especially after-"

"Please don't finish that sentence." I said to him giving him a look that read 'really, finish that and you sleep out side.'

Laf shook his head,"I know that you'll do amazing at this job."

"You don't remember what my job is do you?" I asked him and the look on his face said everything,"I'm going to be an innkeeper."

"Oh oui!" he said,"I remember now."

I laughed a little,"I better get going. I wouldn't want to be late on my first day. Especially since I have a lot of responsibilities already there."

"I'll see you when you get home." Lafayette said holding onto my hands.

"Tell Mr. Washington once again that I am very grateful for this opportunity please." I said and he nodded,"I love you."

"I love you too." he said and gave me a kiss.

The inn was located a little bit downtown so it was the perfect place for business since there is always a lot of visitors in New York. Once I arrived there I noticed how beautiful the place was.

'Who wouldn't want to stay in a place like this?' I thought to myself as I walked into the building.

It was quiet and I made my way to the front desk area,"Excuse me," I said to the young girl at the desk reading a book,"I'm looking for Anna."

"Oh hi! I'm Anna. You must be Y/N?" the girl said walking out from behind the desk. She didn't look very old maybe just turning 18. It looked like she could read as well which is quite impressive.

"Yes." I replied.

"Let me show you around the place. Maybe we'll run into Louisa along the way. She's the other employee here." Anna said as I began to follow her.

She walked me through the whole entire Inn. To what I had seen it looked like the Inn got pretty good business. Anna was very nice along the tour she gave. She even told me about why the job I received was open. Apparently the old innkeeper's husband had gotten sick and she needed to help take care of him more. She also said she was surprised when I walked in the building because I was younger than she thought.

"How old are you and Louisa?" I asked out of curiosity.

"I'm 18 years old and Louisa is a year older." Anna replied.

I nodded in response as she finished the tour. We returned back to the front desk area and saw Louisa there with a cup of tea. She looked up and her eyes lit up when she saw Anna and I.

"You must be Y/N. I'm Louisa. How are you liking the Inn so far?" she asked standing up from her chair.

"It's nice to meet you. I'm happy to be here. This place is beautiful." I answered looking at Louisa.

Louisa had dark hair and eyes meanwhile Anna only had light brown hair and blue eyes. Louisa, Anna, and I all sat down at the desk and started a conversation. They said that they both live here to make sure everything is okay all the time. Cleaners often come in before dinner time and leave by the time people actually eat dinner. We continued to talk helping some travelers every now and then. I got to know a little bit more about the two girls too. They were both very nice but one thing about me fascinated them a lot.

"You're really married?" Louisa asked.

"Yes." I said to them and they looked shocked.

"Well if your married then why do you have to work? Is your husband really poor?" Anna questioned.

"Anna that's rude." Louisa said,"But yeah why do you work here then?"

"I couldn't possibly imagine being stuck in the house all day. I also value being independent, and my husband isn't poor." I replied.

"What does he do then?" Anna asked another question.

"Well he fought in the war and now he is working in the government along with some of our other friends." I told her.

"I think that's really amazing that you still chose to work or really not amazing. I'd love to stay home all the time."Louisa said to me.

"You know you would be able to do that if Peter would ask you to marry him already." Anna said to Louisa.

Louisa just rolled her eyes and we all began to start talking again and before I knew it I was on my way back home. I did like today but I have to admit it I am really tired. I walked up to the door and opened it to a quiet house.

"How was today?" Laf asked as I walked into the living room. I didn't reply rather than walk over to the couch he was sitting on and lay down on it with my head on his lap,"Did it go bad?"

"No, I'm just tired Laf." I sighed and he smiled down at me.

"You know it's not to late to just stay home." he said to me.

"I'm not like that." I told him,"I want to actually do something."

"Your always so strong willed. I love that about you." Laf said playing with my hair as I drifted off in his lap.