Chapter 13

"Hercules I really am thankful that you're doing this." I say standing in front of the doors separating us from everyone else.

"It's my pleasure. Even though John was a bit upset you didn't pick him." we both laugh,"Let's not even talk about Alexander." We laugh a bit longer then stop realizing it's finally time to go down the isle. I take a deep breath as the doors open and Hercules walks me down the isle to the sound of the music. At the end is perfectly beautiful Lafayette waiting. He has a smile on his face but still looks as he might cry.

"Laf don't cry." I whisper to him as I reach my spot. 

"I can't help it." he says then being cut off by the officiator. The officiator goes on through everything then we finally get to the vows. He allows Lafayette to go first and Laf looks nervous. Some how he still looks prepared. He confidently stands a little straighter ready to speak.

"Y/N-" he begins getting cut off once again by the doors in the back opening so quickly I may have just had a heart attach. There stood a breathless Peggy looking as if she'd ran a mile to get here.

"Wait!" she yells catching her breath as if opening the doors suddenly didn't catch everyone's attention,"General Washington sent a message saying he needs the guys as soon as they get this message." 

"Can't we finish the ceremony?" John asks standing up to look at Peggy.

"I don't think so. The British have started a unexpected battle. It's really urgent. I'm sorry." she replies to John. There was a long silence in the room and all the guys gave each other a pained look. They wanted to help the country but they still wanted Lafayette to be happy and married. 

"and Y/N." Peggy adds,"I need to talk to you." I turn back to Lafayette not wanting to leave this ceremony unfinished. 

"It's okay. Be safe." I tell Laf as he frowns. I walk towards Peggy as Alexander, John, Hercules, and Lafayette all gather in a circle probably discussing the plans of leaving. Peggy walks me down the hall to my room. We both sit on my bed together a moment in silence which seems to happen a lot today. Just silence until she speaks up. 

"Washington also sent this addressed to you." she hands me the unopened letter,"I'll leave." she walks out of my room quietly closing my door. I just sit on my bed preparing to read the letter. What could he possibly have to say to me? Our last meeting didn't go well at all. I slowly open the letter then finally taking it out. 

'Dear Y/N,

Much apologies to our last meeting. I was a bit rude saying you shouldn't be in this revolution. However there were certain reason why. You probably wont be joyed to get this but I have a proposal for you. This revolution is hard on the soldiers. Especially the ones unprepared. I know that you have done all the training and are a good shot. Therefore I am asking you to join the army as a high ranked soldier. If you would like to join leave with Alexander and the others. 

Sincerely,

General G. Washington'

I stare at the letter in awe of what it says then jump up rushing out of the room to find Lafayette and everyone else. I see them standing in the kitchen finishing a drink of water with their bags.

"Y/N how are you?" Alex asks slightly smiling trying to lighten the mood.

"I'm coming with you guys." I say. All of them put their glasses down and stare shocked then look towards Lafayette. Laf seems almost mad. "Look I know you guys don't want me going into a war but this is what I want to do."

"We're leaving in ten minutes." Lafayette says breaking the awkward silence with a bit of an attitude. I stare at him in disbelief at his tone while uttering a quiet okay then going back to my room to pack. Whatever came over him better stop.