Chapter 8

"You are sure you don't remember a thing?" Alexander asks me.

"I don't. What happened? Please tell me." I say to all of them. Laf is holding my hand which is very comforting at this moment. "Why can't I move my feet?"

"Don't worry they just had to put restraints on since when we brought you in you wouldn't stay still. You should be okay it was just a minor hit to the head but since your alcohol intake was so high it just made you black out."Alex explains,"Y/N we were all so worried. You weren't you last night. Why were you so mad?"

Then it came back to me where the beginning of the night started. General Washington. Saying I can't be in the army. Oh no. I don't even want to think about what I could've done. Lafayette is just sitting in a chair next to me holding my hand not saying a word. The room fell silent.

"Can you just take me back to the sleeping quarters? Please." I ask them.

"We can do that mon amour but after we have to leave." Laf said.

"What?" I cry.

"We have to go fight the war Y/N. We hardly talked the General into letting us stay till you woke up." John says looking down at the floor sad he's saying it.

"The General told us that he didn't want you going to war. Did he tell you that last night before you got drunk? Well wasted actually." Hamilton says. Lafayette glares towards him at his last statement.

"Yeah." I tell them shyly and all I see is disappointment,"Let's just go."

Without saying anything all of us left. The ride was silent. It seems like everything is quiet now. We finally reach the building and then Alexander stops me from getting out.

"We can't let you stay here by yourself. I'm going to go and get your belongings. I have a special friend who you can stay with. She's very welcoming I think you'll like her." Alex says. I just nod my head. It's not worth protesting. This is so far from what I expected my life to be. After he gets everything we're headed off to another place of which I don't know. Awhile passes until I see a beautiful huge home. My eyes widen even more when I see that this is where we are stopping. There is three young girls around my age standing there. One in a blue dress, a yellow one, and a pink one. The one in blue runs down the steps to the house smiling as we finally stop.

"Alexander!" she exclaims. Alex jumps out of the carriage giving her a long tight hug. I smile at the sight. I'm guessing there's something going on between those two. The two other girls that were by the front door were now walking towards us. Laurens and Hercules get out leaving just me and Laf alone.

"I'm sorry I'm leaving you like this Y/N. I really don't want to." he said.

"Why are you so kind to me?" I ask him.

"I guess you really don't remember last night."he laughs,"Here it goes again."

Lafayette nods his head to himself as if telling himself he can do it.

"I like you as more than a friend and I know this is bad timing but I swear I'll try to make it out alive. Just for you." He says.

And in that moment I have no words. Until I feel something touch my lips. It was amazing and beautiful.

"Hey love birds!!" We both pull back as the moment is ruined by John yelling at us. Before Laf gets out I stop him and tell him that I like him to. I've never seen him smile so bright. It was honestly relieving.

Lafayette helps me get out after him and even grabs my things leading me to where everyone else is standing.

"Y/N I would like you to meet the Schuyler Sisters. They've offered to let you stay here while we're away. This is Peggy, Angelica, and Eliza." Alexander says pointing out who is who.

"It's nice to meet you all. Thank you so much." I tell the three girls.

"We need to be heading off." Hercules says.

"I'll write you I promise." Alexander says to Eliza hugging her one last time then saying goodbye to the rest.

Laurens, Hercules, and Alex all headed back to leave but Lafayette stays behind then pulls me aside.

"I'll write you as much as I can. I really really care about you. I hate to leave mon amour." He says then pulls me in for a warm hug.

"I'll wait for you. I promise." I tell him and he smiles. Then he walks back to the others as I walk back to the three sisters.

"Come on we'll show you around." The girl I now know as Angelica says to me.

·-·

This was a longer chapter and I'm so happy the Schuyler's are joining the story!!
What do you guys think??