Chapter 3

"Y/N you seem a bit down today." John says sitting next to me whilst eating on his breakfast. Despite getting drunk as hell last night his hair is still in a neat pony tail. Well as neat as John Laurens' gets.

"Probably still a bit drunk." Hercules gives a deep laugh,"I mean she did wake up next to Lafayette for heavens sake."

John and Hercules both giggle like school kids as Lafayette walks over to me with two cups of water. "Mon cherie I brought you a drink if that's alright," he hands me a cup which I graciously accept, "What are you laughing at?"

Laf looks over at John and Herc as they are still holding in laughter. Laurens starts hitting Hercules on the arm trying to play everything off cool. It was a horrible attempt really. "You guys are just such a cute couple!"

All four of us hear turning to see Hamilton with his ink covered hands and a smirk on his face. He sits down right next to Laf and throws an arm around his shoulder.

"Not to break your guys' hearts but Laf and I are just friends." I say to them speaking up from the odd looks those 3 weirdos are giving me and Lafayette.

Lafayette looks down in his lap fiddling with his hands blushing whilst Mulligan, Laurens, and Hamilton look on in disbelief. If facial expressions could speak theirs would say,"Are you freaking kidding me?" I look at the guys confused and Lafayette gets up from his seat with Laurens and Hamilton following. Hercules moves over now sitting next to me.

"What just happened?" I ask him as he took another swig from his glass in his hand.

Hercules sighs,"I just think that Laf is having a hard time right now. I mean you're a pretty young girl that joined the army. He's just never met anyone like you, in the best way possible. Probably just nervous about catching feelings and then losing you. You know how the french are."

"What's that supposed to mean?" I ask him.

"Nothing." He nonchalantly says looking around the room. Lafayette is with Alex and John is the corner of the room looking stressed out. Maybe there's some way I could help him with whatever is going on.

I sit there and just think about what Herc said, 'I just think that Laf is having a hard time right now... He's just never met anyone like you... Probably just nervous about catching feelings and then losing you.'

"What do you mean by catching feelings?" I may sound naive to him but I'd like to understand what's wrong with Laf. After all we did kinda exchange some glances last night.

"Do you see how he looks at you?" Mulligan laughs and just smiles at me,"He's practically fallen for you already. This might as well turn into a romance novel. Maybe Alexander could write it. Could be a classic."

While Hercules is coming up with romance novel ideas I look over at Lafayette. After staring at him for awhile he catches my glimpse. 'Oh crap he probably thinks I'm weird.' I think to myself.

Wait. Why do I care?

"Feelings." Hercules says making me jump from being taken from my thoughts.

"Was I thinking out loud?" I ask my face getting heated from embarrassment.

"You could say so." He smirks,"Definitely telling Alex and John about this."

I roll my eyes and stand up to leave when someone yells from the entrance.