SEQUEL : Chapter 1

"Is that it?" I asked him as he walked through the doorway carrying a big box.

"I believe so my beautiful wife." Lafayette said putting the box down to walk over to me and give me a kiss.

The war had just finally ended and Lafayette and I were finally going to get to live together in our own house. I never returned to the war grounds after the wedding but I did help General Washington out in anyway I could during the time. We've finally put behind that drunk and horrible night that happened years ago. After the wedding I proceeded to get my own place to stay at. It wasn't big or anything but it was perfect for when Laf would get a day or two off of working in the military. Once the war was over we decided to get a new house. It had been a little bit of trouble deciding on whether to stay here or for me to move back to France with him. It eventually came down to some of the violence that was rising in France. Laf had said that he wanted to have a family and that he believed we would be safer here. I didn't protest so now here we are. We had already moved in all of the furniture about a week ago and stayed with Hercules while we were still packing the rest. Now everything was packed and needed unpacking.

"What should we work on first?" I asked him looking at all of the boxes in the living room.

"Everyone should be here later around 7 or 8. I was thinking maybe the kitchen and the dining room should be our main priority. I'll get the kitchen organized since I promised that I would cook for tonight." Laf said grabbing a box full of dishes.

I agreed and we started unpacking. He worked on the kitchen while I worked on the living room and dining room. Tonight everyone was coming over for a little get together. It's been a long time since everyone was in the same place. Eliza was the person who gave me the idea first. Alexander and Eliza said they would be here early to help with anything that still needed to be done. The other people who are coming are Hercules, John, and Mari. I haven't seen Mari since when I was in the army for that very short time. John had surprised us after the war was over that him and Mari were together. I'm excited to finally see them as a couple together.

Time was passing quicker than we thought and before we knew it there was a knock on the door. I put down the box I was carrying to our bedroom on the floor and told Laf that I would answer the door. He said okay as he was in the middle of cooking dinner for us tonight.

Not to my surprise the people who arrived first were Eliza and Alexander. I invited them inside and they looked around as they walked in.

"Alex I am sure that Lafayette would love some help in the kitchen." I said to Alexander. I know he can't cook I'd just rather talk to Eliza.

Alexander agreed and went to the kitchen where I could hear excitement now that people were arriving. I led Eliza into the living room to the couch and we caught up on things before we heard Lafayette say that dinner was almost done. We all set the table while Hercules had arrived.

"Looks like everyone's here except the new couple." Hercules said as we were all seated at the table. Right on cue there was a knock on the door. Lafayette opened it and of course it was John and Mari.

"Sorry we're late." John said as they both took a seat in the empty chairs.

"No excuse?" Hercules asked him from across the table.

"Nope." John smiled.

"Alright everyone let's eat." I said and everyone passed around food and we all ate until we were stuffed. I have to admit it, Lafayette is an amzing cook. We all told old stories of spending time with each other and we talked about what we planned on doing now.

Everything was perfect and everyone was so happy to see each other. It had been at least three hours since everyone had got here and nobody wanted to leave. Everyone said their goodbyes and wanted to do this again. Alexander even had a good time and only stopped to write once.

Lafayette and I stood out side watching everyone leave before going back inside. The home now looked like it should be. It was decorated as our own now.

"Let's go to bed Y/N. You look pretty tired." Laf said to me as we were both sitting on the couch and I was dozing off.

I agreed with him and before I could stand up he picked me up effortlessly and carried me to our bedroom which made me laugh a little at the surprise.

"I love you." He said laying next to me in bed.

"I love you too."

×
I hope that you enjoyed this first chapter in this sequel. I believe that this story will be a bit of a different tone from the first one but it will be a continuation of the story. I do know that Laurens died after the war but let's give him a happy ending in this story.

btw I'm just going to publish the sequel on here instead of having a whole other book. :)