Chapter 4

"Letters are in!!" A guy in a uniform walks in with a bag supposedly filled with letters from everyone in the rooms loved ones. This may be the last time we get anything from them if we die during battle. Several people go over to the bag as he frantically tries to not get anything ruined from the reaching hands.

"Are you going to go look and see if there is something for you?" Alexander asks walking over to me whilst the other 3 were in the crowd of people by the letters.

"No. Nothing will be there." I tell him secretly wishing that my parents were still alive and proud of what I'm doing.

Lafayette happily walks up to me looking totally different than how he was minutes earlier.

"A letter has arrived for you beautiful." Laf hands me a letter and looks at me confused probably because of my confused expression. I don't even know who could possibly be writing to me. Until I opened it.

It was my brother, James.

'Dear Y/N,

I'm sure you were not expecting to receive anything but I have found a little time to write you this this short letter. I hope that you are okay wherever you are going to go. I don't expect a letter from you because we're leaving for battle soon. I'm so proud of everything you've done.

With love,
James'

"Who was it?" Lafayette asks looking at me concerned. I hadn't even noticed that I got teary eyed.

"Oh nothing. Just my brother." I wipe my eyes probably making them even redder.

Laf pulls me in for a hug. He holds me there for what seems like forever but still not long enough.

"I'm not going to let anything happen to you." He whispers in my ear making me smile.