{Chapter 7.}

Chapter 7: Party Responsibly

"Do you have something to wear to this party?" My mother asked as we walked around the mall that she practically dragged me too.

"I'll find something in my closet." I shrugged my shoulders as we sat down at a food court table.

"I swear you are the exact opposite from when I was a teenager, all I did was party and go out with my friends." My mom nudged me.

"Well without my best friend I don't have many friends, she's the popular one." I said.

"Is there something going on between you and Lia? You guys are really close and..." She trailed off as she sipped her smoothie.

"She's my best friend?" I said more as a question.

"You don't sound too sure." She said quietly.

"Ew no mom she's my best friend she knows I'm not into things like that." I said disgusted.

"Okay if you say so." She said quietly.

I was going to say something but she beckoned for me to follow her as she got up from the table.

We walked into a clothing store and began looking at things my size.

"We are going to find you something suitable for this party, oh and try not to drink too much, make sure you have a designated driver." She babbled on.

I hated telling my mother I was going places, she soon went from a 34 year old to a 17 year old teenager.

"Don't worry I won't be drinking unlike someone who had to get drunk one night and then she ended up getting knocked up at the age of 17." I rolled my eyes.

"At least I married the man that knocked me up."

My mother didn't have much teenage fun times because after she got pregnant with me her life was devoted to me. My dad found out that my mother was pregnant so he made sure he was around and even proposed to her a few years later.

"You shouldn't have gotten knocked up in the first place."

"Are you wishing you were never born?!" My mother looked at me like an annoyed older sister.

"Oh my gosh mom what?" I asked.

She rolled her eyes as we got into the parking lot looking for the car. I talked to Amelia earlier to find some things about the party which she was very excited about.

Apparently anyone who is a someone in our school will be at the party which definitely includes Lia and her group including Asha. If Lia wasn't hanging out with me then she was with a bunch of the more known kids at my school.

For the rest of the ride home my mother was extremely quiet which was abnormal for her but I didn't say anything because I was too thinking about Lia.

I really hope she could find it in her heart to forgive me, I couldn't survive without her.

We pulled up to the house and I dashed up to the house and straight up to my room to find something to wear tonight.

"Why are all my clothes so tame!" I yelled as I went through all of them, trying to find the perfect outfit.

As I continued pulling back all of my clothes in the closet I noticed a short black dress with sleeves and a gold belt.

I threw it on my bed and began jumping up and down.

"If this doesn't get Lia's attention then I don't know what will." I said to myself.

I stripped out of my clothes and grabbed a towel and ran into the bathroom to take a shower.

As I stepped into the shower I thought about myself for a moment.

Why was I trying to get Lia's attention? She's my best friend of course I want her attention, that's the answer for all of my questions. Best friends can be jealous too it's normal.

I got out of the shower and wrapped the towel around myself.

I walked into my room and noticed my mother examining my dress and nodding at it.

This woman didn't know the definition of personal space.

"Get out of my room!" I yelled at her.

She looked at me with a threatening look as if saying 'yell at me again and I'll knock your head off your neck'

"We both know you don't know how to do your own hair so I came in here to help." She rolled her eyes and picked up the blow dryer.

She sat me down on my bed and began drying my hair on high.

"So is there someone you are trying to impress with that dress?" My mother asked over the loud hair dryer.

"No one in particular." I didn't tell the truth because I didn't really need my mom in the middle of Lia and my situation right now.

After she finished blow drying my hair, she brought out the curling iron and began curling my hair as I did my make up.

"You better hurry up and leave before your father gets home." My mom warned.

My dad was scared that I would be just like my mother and party all the time and eventually get pregnant at a young age so he doesn't like me going out to parties.

Apparently I got my dads genes though.

"Shit!" I said as I rushed to grab my cellphone and duck out the way of my mother swinging around the hot curling iron to hit me.

"That's still hot you're trying to kill me!" I said as I dialed Amelia's number.

"I was just about to drive past your street, do you need a ride?" Amelia answered.

"Hello to you too and yes that would be nice." I chuckled.

"I will be there shortly." She said and hung up.

I quickly scurried around to put on my dress.

"Here you don't have a pair of heels so these." My mother brought out a pair of black heels.

I slipped them on and grabbed my phone and I jetted down the stairs slowly and carefully when I heard a horn outside.

"Party responsibly!" My mother yelled.

"See you later!" I waved back and hopped into Amelia's car.

"Don't you look like a walking Barbie doll! Amelia said as she hugged me.

"Thanks."

"Alright off to Damien's house for this radical party!" She said as she pulled off.