Grad party

Narrator's POV
He woke up with cold, empty sheets next to him, as he expected them to be, but something was different. It smelled differently. It smelled nicer. Was she in my bed? He wondered.

He groaned and got out of his sheets. He checked the living room to see if she was still there, but wasn't. There was a note on the couch. He strolled towards it and picked the note up to read it.

Good morning, Fox! Sorry for sleeping in your bed if you even noticed. Not to sound like a child, but I had a nightmare. Anyway, I went home so Alex wouldn't go on a rampage. Have a great day!

P.S. I made you breakfast! And I'll see you at the graduation party down the street!

-Dana

"Shit." He cursed. "Forgot about that grad party I was invited to." He looked at his watch and realized it was 1pm, the grad party started in another hour. He went over to the kitchen where there was a hard-boiled egg cooked with bacon and toast. He smiled. She didn't have to do this for me, what the hell?

After rushing to eat, he jumped in the shower quickly and came out 10 minutes later, shaved, got dressed, and went out the door, heading for his neighbor's graduation party.

He walked towards his car. "Fox!" He heard Dana yell from next-door, "do you want to ride me?"

"What?" He asked.

"Do you want to ride with me?" She asked again. Oh. Haha.

"Of course!" He replied and walked over to her car. Closer to her, he asked, "where's Alex?"

"He actually hasn't shown up today, yet. Thank god, but I don't think he's coming." He smiled at her.

"Good?"

"Yeah it's good." She laughed and hopped into her car. He walked to the other side, getting into the passenger seat. "Ready? Do you have her grad card?" He showed it to her.

"Yup! You?" She showed hers.

"Yup!" They laughed in unison and she began to pull out of her driveway, heading down the street.

Once they pulled into Katrina's, who they believed was the graduate, since there's giant sign saying so, a tall brunette ran over to them. "Hey! You must be Fox Mulder and you must be Dana Scully! Thanks for coming!" She greeted.

"No problem! Congratulations!" They both say back in reply.

"Help yourselves with anything you'd like, everyone's in back." She began to lead them to her back yard where there were bounce houses and a giant canopy where tables were set up, and about 50 other people. After Katrina left, Mulder and Scully both looked at each other and smiled.

"So.." Scully began, "what do you want to do first?" She asked him.

"I really want to go in the bounce house, is that weird for a 24 year old man to do that?"

"I don't think so, because I really want to go in it too." Instead of replying, he simply grabbed her hand and dragged her towards the bounce house, Scully giggling on the way.

They both ran into the bounce house, Mulder being a gentleman and letting Scully go in first.

"Oh my god, Fox! I haven't been on one of these since I was 6!"

"Me too!" He told her and they both laughed. He jumped towards her and she lost her balance, running into one of the sides and bouncing back onto him, making them both fall to the floor of the bounce house, bonking heads.

"Ow..I'm sorry Fox." She said, still lying atop of him. He rubbed his forehead.

"You're okay." He said with a smile and began laughing.

"What are you guys doing?" A older lady appeared at the entrance of the bounce house. "There are kids here!"

"Oh ma'am it's not what you think, we fell."

"Oh are you guys okay?" She asked. "I'll get some ice."

Scully smiled at her, "thanks." The lady left to get them ice and they both started to laugh again.

"That was fun." Mulder told her.

"Yeah, it was." Scully smiled.

"And by the way, you can call me Mulder, I don't like my name." Scully smiled apologetically.

"Sorry..so you call me Scully then."

"It's okay, and sure." He smiled and the lady reappeared with ice packs.

_______
Sorry it's been so long.

❤️