Partner

Mulder's eyes lingered on their once shared bed, promising himself that he wouldn't cry, he sucked the tears back in. Today was his first day at the FBI. It has been a couple of months since Scully's abduction, or disappearance, or whatever you want to call it, had happened.

He stepped in front of the mirror, fixing his tie and tucking it inside his suit. He had not left the house once since the incident, hoping that one day she would just run through the door and into his arms.

_____

Stepping inside of the Washington D.C. Federal Building, following down long hallways, everything became a blur and he sat down on the nearest bench, massaging his temples. "I need to find Scully..." he said in an inaudible whisper.

"Fox Mulder?" Breaking his train of thought, he looked up to see a man holding his hand out. Standing up, he reached his hand and shook the man's.

"That's me." He said with a sad smile.

"I'm Assistant Director Walter Skinner. I'm your boss." He deadpanned.

"Well hello, sir. I'm glad to be working for you." He smiled, lopsidedly.

"Yeah, so am I. Follow me, I'll show you where your office is."

"Awesome." He followed behind him.

Once they were in the basement, unlocking the door to the FBI's most unwanted, Skinner looked over at Mulder. "Oh yeah, you will be having a partner, she's on her way now."

Mulder froze. Partner. He then imagined himself and Scully as partners, solving cases together, fooling around in their office after they successfully solved a case, or x file. They would be unstoppable. Undoubtedly the best minds in the FBI. He graduated top of his class at the Bureau, and knowing Scully, she would've as well.

"Mulder." Being brought back to reality by Skinner's now impatient tone, Mulder smiled apologetically. "I'll leave you to it then. Just get used to everything, your first case is tomorrow." With that, Skinner shut the door and left Mulder in his now painfully quiet office.

Hours passed and he had already finished unpacking his files and utensils, he began throwing his pencils at the ceiling for his own amusement. He came to a halt as he heard the door creak open.

"Agent Mulder. I'm Dana Scully, your new partner." She stuck her hand out for him to shake it.

Mulder dropped his last pencil onto the ground and shook his head in total shock. "Scully?! Scully oh my god!"

She laughed, "What?"

"Scully, you're alive! What happened to you?"

"Well of course I'm alive. What do you mean? I'm afraid this is my first time meeting you."

Milder began panicking, "what? You don't remember me? Scully we're living together, you were abducted a few months ago from our house! You don't know how happy I am to see you. To know that you're okay, but you don't remember me..." he slumped into his chair, defeated.

"If that were true, I would know. Anyway, I live in an apartment down the street. I'm positive you're talking about someone else." She gave him an apologetic look.

"No, I'm not talking about anyone else. It's you! Ugh!"

"Agent Mulder, I'm sorry, I don't know what you're talking about. Can you shake my hand now?" Mulder reached out and shook her hand. His heart was delighted that Scully was okay, but also torn that she had forgotten everything that they did together, the memories, the greatest moments of their lives, she had forgotten him, and he's gonna figure out a way for her to remember again.

______\
Aliens.