Tightrope

SOMEBODY PLEASE OMGG THE X FILES LAST NIGHT THO RESULTED IN ME SCREAMING WTFFFFFFFFFFF

Anyways....

Narrators Pov
"Scully?" A familiar voice whispered as she slowly fluttered her eyelids, revealing the figure standing before her as no other than Mulder smiling down upon her. She took in her surroundings of the wooded area and all of her memory came rushing back as panic started to possess her, eyes widening and scanning the area for Alex.

"Shhh shhhh, Scully it's fine, he's gone, you killed him, you did well." Mulder cooed. Relief washed upon her as she finally exhaled a breath she didn't know she was holding. 

"Mulder, Im sorry. I didn't know what else to do, this was all I could think of, having him be put back in jail just didn't seem right to me." She said into his neck, embraced in Mulder's hug and his hand gently rubbing her back.

"Shhh I know, I know." Mulder reluctantly pulled away from Scully. "Skinner is coming down, I called him up on the hill while everything was happening." With this, Scully backed away, confusion now plastered on her face while she looked up at Mulder.

"What? I said I could handle this on my own, why did you call Skinner, you know what he's going to do!" She placed both hands in her hair and started to pace back and forth.

"Scully he will understand. The man tried to kill you." Mulder rebutted. Scully only shook her head in disbelief.

"I thought you had my back?" Scully questioned.

"Had your back? You never told me this was your plan. You never told me anything! Do you even love me?" Mulder looked at her with his now tear-filled eyes. Before Scully could retort, a shout tore their argument apart, both agents looking up the hill to find Skinner glaring down at them.

"Scully, Mulder!" He taunted. They ran up to him, both making sure they are giving each other extra space due to their recent mishap. "Who's responsible for this?" Scully looked him straight in the eye.

"I am, sir." She looked back at mulder with a glare. Mulder only paid attention to the floor, not able to look at her right now without starting another argument.

"Do you know the damages you have done with your recklessness?" He stared Scully down.

"Yes, sir, but-"

"But nothing, you're suspended for two weeks without pay! Next time leave it to the real FBI agents to track suspects down, so we won't have to worry about you killing someone." Scully stood there, mouth agape. Skinner stomped away while FBI agents covered the scene and ambulances spread throughout the street.

Scully turned to Mulder with a blank expression, "I hope you're happy." As she stomped off to her car without another word.

Mulder still stood there not sure what to think. Does she even love me? Is this my fault? He shook his head at his own thoughts, too angry to comprehend what had just happened. This isn't my fault. She's the one who never told me anything, she doesn't love me. She doesn't love me. She doesn't trust me. Mulder too, stomped angrily to his car, his vision beginning to blur as tears traced his cheek bones and down to his chin. How did I not see this coming? I am not worthy of Scully's love, why did I even try? All these thoughts raced around his head, but he concluded he would drive to Scully's apartment building, he had a few things he'd like to discuss.

______
Sorry if this sucks, school is draining my brain. <3333 and sorry this is short, I will write more tomorrow if they finally conclude that we will have a snow day since it will be -20 degrees!!!