Previously on the x files

Narrator's POV
        Skinner sighed as he looked at the two agents in front of him. "I've just been informed about the situation with my assistant Arleen," he stated plainly.

"Look sir it-" Scully chimed in but was immediately cut off by Skinner.

"Hey, guys, it's okay. You'd be surprised by how many people notice the sexual tension between you guys, if I didn't notice, why would I be in this chair to begin with, I suspect things it's what I do," he said. Both Scully and Mulder looked at the ground blushing feverishly.

"Sorry, Skinner I'll give you my badge because I'm not going to deny the fact that I'm in love with this gorgeous woman beside me," Mulder said looking at Scully with a loving grin.

"Calm down Mulder, don't get all sappy, I don't care that you guys are in a relationship," Skinner said, and was attacked by two surprised looks from the agents.

"What??!" They said in unison, surprised that he let this go.

Both Scully and Mulder were frozen in place. "Sir, how-wha-why?" Scully stuttered.

"As long as you guys keep it professional and not let this get in the way of your work here on the x files then I will let this go, but DONT make me change my mind," Skinner replied, feeling content, but was sure they were capable of handling their jobs, since they both had passions for it as far as he could tell. Well Mulder obviously did, Scully on the other hand only loves her job because she would do anything to be with Mulder; even if that means proving him wrong over and over and over. Of course her claims just went right over Mulder's head because he thought he was right all the time. Only going in circles as neither one of them had evidence to back up either one of their beliefs, but as they say, 'opposites attract' and Skinner saw the love they had for each other and couldn't bare to fire them for something they can't control, you can't control the uncontrollable. Plus, they're his favorite agents, (shhhh that's a secret).

Scully and Mulder walked out of skinners office feeling confident and happy that they can share their love with each other, not only in the shadows, but openly and willingly. This happiness that was taking over them soon disintegrated as they remembered the conversation they had previously.

"Mulder what are we going to do about Alex?" Scully asked, worriedly. A sad and expression mixed with fear was written on her face as though she was reliving her past experiences with her ex-husband. Mulder put a hand around her shoulders and squeezed her closer to him, protectively. "We will figure something out, my love."

They reached their office to pack their things, Mulder grabbed the keys and locked the door, he kissed Scully on the forehead and they began walking to their separate cars. "I'll see you tomorrow, I love you," Mulder flashed her a smirk and started to get into his car, only to see Scully run after him.

"Mulder wait!" He got out of his car and looked at Scully, worriedly. "What is it, Scully?" He asked.

"Stay with me, please? I don't feel safe." She started to quiver, and he only held onto her even tighter.

"Of course," he smiled as he rested his head atop of hers. He knew he needed to do something about alex to get Scully to relax, but little did he know Scully wanted to do the same.

_______
Sorry sorry sorry I know y'all probably hate me cuz I haven't been here for a while and I keep saying I will but I don't, don't believe me next time!! Anyways, please ignore the title I couldn't think of one hah, but how have you guys been?