Infected

Narrator's pov
Mulder practically jumped out of his car, rehearsing what he was to say to Scully once he reached her apartment. Once he was outside her door, he swore he could hear muffled cries from the other side. He shook his head; nevertheless, he had to stay confident. Oh, but he loves this woman. She doesn't love him back, he knows this, right? That still doesn't change the fact that he is so madly, deeply, head over heels in love with Scully. His first and only love, even if not reciprocated.

He reluctantly knocked on the door. Seconds passed that seemed to feel like an eternity to him until the door was slowly opened revealing an angry Scully, her stare shot daggers at Mulder.

"What Mulder?" Irritation laced in her words.

"Scully I just want to talk, please? Can I explain myself?" He asked apologetically. She hesitantly stepped away from the door, leaving an opening so he could walk through. He nodded at her with gratitude.

"What do you so graciously have planned for me to hear, Mulder?" Scully sarcastically asked. Mulder put his head down and sighed.

"Scully, I know you hate me right now, but I'm unsure as to why? I only tried to help, but you shut me out. I feel like we're growing apart and that you...you don't love me anymore. What happened?" Mulder could feel the tears so desperate to fall.

Scully only looked at him with a blunt expression. "Mulder, I-I don't know what happened to me last night, but I felt a power emit within me, taking over, and I feel as if I don't feel anything anymore, if that makes sense." Her expression never seemed to falter.

Mulder stared at her expressionless state. This isn't my Scully. He thought to himself, his heart slowly breaking.

"S-Scully, what happened to you?" He started to inch closer to her and he placed his hand on her cheek, but she backed away.

"Stop, Mulder. Im not the same person anymore." She held her finger up and small golden light emitted from it. She now had a wicked smile plastered on her lips as she stared into the light. Mulder couldn't help the tears fall at this point and he looked at Scully.

"You're not Scully. Who are you and where is she!?!" His voice grew louder. Scully drew away her finger and looked him straight in the eyes. Her face now resembling fear and sadness.

"Mulder, help me, please." She pleaded, but her face went back to her wicked smirk.

Mulder didn't know what to think. He slowly backed away from her. This isn't Scully. Is she trapped? So many thoughts were racing in his head, but he can't lose her again.

______
Ugh sorry this chapter sucks, I had to write two essays today and I'm officially drained and dumb. (: