Be Mine

Mulder backed away from Scully momentarily to see if there was any doubt present in her eyes. Did she really want this. Mulder does. Had for as long as he knew Scully. He couldn't be happier. He smiled to her, content that he could see the same in her just by glancing at her face.

"So, what does this mean for us?" Mulder broke the silence, suddenly aware that this is indeed the next step in their lives.

Scully looked up at him, "well I'm waiting for you to take an arrow to the knee, my love."

Mulder's eyes widened and Scully snorted, "oh my god, Mulder, I'm kidding I'm kidding." He could see, although short and quick, a saddened look cross her face, but was quickly recovered.

She took a step back and scratched the back of her neck, "well there's no time to waste, what do you have for me today, Mulder? Bigfoot? A yeti? El chupacabra? What about moth man?"

"Scully..."

"No no cmon we have to work, there's an X-file needing to be solved or unsolved in our case, but no matter, it's still an X-File in our hands."

"You're sounding like me, Scully, are you-"

"Mulder. I'm fine." Silence filled the room. Mulder awkwardly grabbed the keynote clicker and prepared to present.

"Scully..."

"Mulder!"

By the end of the day, both Scully and Mulder were exhausted, mainly because they were trying not to initiate awkward conversations, so they stayed quiet.

Scully grabbed her coat and headed towards the door, "bye, Mulder."

"Bye, Scully." Mulder gave her an apologetic smile, then she left.

Before Mulder could shove his left arm in his coat sleeve, he heard small footsteps retrace right back to the doorway and found a teary-eyed Scully staring back at him.

"It's just, what is it? What's so wrong with me that even the idea of marrying me is so appalling and terrifying? Am I really such an awful girlfriend or even a person? Do you want this baby? Your baby? I-I I think this is the hormones, but god dammit, Mulder, I love you so much it hurts! And just the look on your face shatters my heart to pieces I can barely breath!" By now she was wiping the tears trailing down her cheeks with the back of her hand, obsessively.

Mulder quickly retrieved his footing and practically leaped towards Scully. "Hey hey hey. I never said any of that. I just want you to know that I want my acceptance to this family so honest and unforgettable. I won't get down on one knee right now, but god do I want to do badly. I want it to be beautiful, not just because you told me to, I want a plan, a pathway made of roses scattered leading to a beautiful pond and a dove that slides the ring on your hand for me." They both chuckle and Scully shakes her head wiping the tears off her face and sniffles.

"No, see I don't want any of that. I just want you." Mulder nods understandingly and leans inches apart from Scully's face. "Well in that case..."

"Agents!" Scully and Mulder quickly jumped away from each other in shock and the fact that skinner almost gave them both a heart attack at the perfect moment!!

"Yes!??" They yelled in unison.

Skinner grimaced and put his hand over his heart, jokingly, "ouch, what's with the mood?"

______
Been a decade sorry it was my birthday a couple weeks ago so that was hectic and then I went on spring breakkkkkkk sooo here's this crappy chapter I will try to end this book but I need ideas for the next one cuz idkkkkkk