Chapter 35 - Under The Sheets

[Photo: Ellie Goulding. Video: Love Me Like You Do - Ellie Goulding]

A/N: Inserting Pictures within chapters is back. Enjoy!

"What do you mean you talked with Dylan?"  I asked, biting a piece out of my chocolate-glazed churro. Yeah, my body is totally gonna get me back for eating this much greasy food today. 

Ella has a smirk on her face, spinning her her multi-colored stick with a huge puff of cotton candy on the top. "Well, he sent all of us a group message saying that he wanted to talk to us, which is why we didn't walk home with you on Thursday." She grabs a chunk from the top and eats it. "He's really cool, like he was totally not awkward when we all talked." 

"How the fuck did he get your facebook accounts?" I ask. 

Ella shrugs. "Beats me." 

Ruth, however, chimes in. "You know that we've posted numerous selfies on facebook, right? That's probably how he got to all of us." She licks her ice cream. "He stalked you, which in hindsight, isn't really creepy at all since he's your boyfriend." 

The girls brought me to a fair, something that was apparently such a big deal in the neighborhood since the venue was packed. I've driven or walked by these fairs but I never thought that this much people would go, I assumed it was a casual hang-out thing. There were stalls everywhere, leaving quite a narrow space for people to squeeze through if they wanted to get from point A to point B. It was also a hot day, but since everyone was so close to each other, it became hotter. Everyone's sweaty and their body heat's just adding up to the people beside them. Pretty much everyone dressed like they were at the beach, even we did, if you wore a fucking button-down to the fair, everyone would think you're crazy or this pretentious-ass bitch who'd bare the heat just for fashion. 

I was dressed in a tank top and shorts, which I really rarely put on because I'm the conservative type. Ella had a wide-brim hat, shielding her from the sun as she pulled off a tank top with short shorts. Astrid wore a loose shirt and baggy shorts, summer aesthetics weren't really her thing, Cassie wore the same thing. Ruth was already comfortable with shorts from the start, ironically, so you'd pretty much expect her to dress like she's on a getaway. Mason pretty much matched what I wore. You wouldn't think that Mason would be the type of guy who works out at all, but I've been proved wrong by how built his arms were. Goddamn, whoever would get together with this boy would be such a luckaroo, he's a gamer, he's good in school and he works out. The fuck more could you ask for? 

 The fuck more could you ask for? 

(Mason Philipps)

We round a corner, passing by people who were dancing to the beat of the song that the DJ was playing. "So, what did you guys talk about?" 

"Pretty much the plan for today." Ruth answers. "We'd have you on your birthday until the sun goes down, then you're all Dylan's." 

We all stop at an area free from people, wanting to breathe for a little bit before we get back in the hellhole to find something to drink because I don't do well with hot weather. I get cranky as fuck.