One Moment Chapter 12

I wake up to pounding on the door. "Margaret!! Get up its the first day of school!!" I get up and neatly fold my blanket. Then grab my outfit for the day from my trunk which is a grey low cut tank and floral skinny jeans. I go to my new bathroom. And look in the mirror to see how it looks. Then I go in and grab my toiletry bag from the wood shelf. I put on some make-up and brush my hair, putting it in a side braid. I take out my toothbrush and turn on the faucet for the first time. Out comes brown chunky water. It didn't look safe to use so I didn't brush. Then I grabbed my one pair of shoes and put them one. My shoes are brown leather tight boots. I grab my backpack and put in the items Tasha gave me for school which are the following:

-pencil pouch with 3 pens/pencils

-pencil sharpener

-calculator

-one big binder with notebook paper, graph paper, and page separators

-a folder

I also throw in my book. And 2 dollars she gave me for lunch. I walk out the room. Feeling happy. This is the first day of real school for me. And Im excited. I go into the kitchen and sit at the table. This is my seventh day living here so I've got the schedule and place down. I eat what's on my plate not even looking down and drink whatever substance was in the glass. Then I bring my plate and glass over to the sink. I wash dry and put back on the shelf. I actually haven't seen Ian since my first day.

"Oh Tasha?" I ask. She turns her head towards me. "Yah Meg?", she responds. I politely asked her to call me Meg and she agreed. "Where does my bus pick me up? Or are you driving me?" I ask curiously. "Haha no! Honey if you want school then you are going I have to earn it by walking." I stand shocked. I did a little question asking a few days earlier and my new school is over three miles away. "Oh. Ok". "The directions are easy. Here I printed them off for you. You better leave soon." She hands me a piece of printer paper with the directions on it. "Oh thanks Tasha. Can you unlock the door?" She sighs then comes over to the door and unlocks it. "Hey" she says and grabs my arm before I got out the door. "Yah" I reply. "Be back by 5 or I will punish you." I nod in response and continue down the three stairs. I push open the door. The cool morning air felt good. Since my room doesn't have electricity that means no AC or heat. I look down at my feet and take my first step. The first step to my new life. A smile spreads across my face. My journey starts now.