One Moment Chapter 46

~Megs POV~

"Oh Margaret I would love too!!" She must understand I told her the other day about my nightmare. After that they told us to get some rest. They took Kaylen and Jonathan from us and brought them to the infant care. Drew kissed me goodnight and he slept in the chair next to my bed. I was dreaming about my little Jonathan. Then I fell asleep.

I woke up snuggled against someone's chest. Its drew, he must have gotten in bed with me last night while I was asleep. His hands were on my waist and I was snuggled into his bare chest. Oh my gosh I never realized how well built he is. He stirs and wakes up. "Good morning beautiful mother." He says. I smile and kiss his cheek. "Good morning Drew." We both got up, and got ready.

"Meg, can we please get back together, I feel so empty without you." He says out of nowhere. I pause. "Of course Drew, and please let me explain what happened that day." He nods and I continue. "Ian threatened to hurt you if I ever talked to you, I was trying to protect you." He hugs me. "I never knew, I feel like an idiot for yelling at you." A doctor comes in.

"Hello Im doctor Olson. I just wanted to inform you that the two men who kept you captive are arrested and will have a court hearing. You must attend to it to speak from your side." I nod. Good those two creeps are behind bars away from me and Jonathan. "Hey babe Im going to go visit Carly." I say, he nods and I leave.

I go out of the room and open the door. The sheet on Carly's bed is covering her face. "Haha Carly you have to wake up now." I laugh and walk over to the bed. I pull back the cover, and scream.

I see Carly's beautiful face, but her eyes are missing. I check for a pulse but can't find one. I hug myself and start crying and screaming. In a few seconds, drew and two nurses come running in. Drew looks at Carly then barfs. The nurses run and call 911... I put the cover back over Carly's face, but I can't help myself I pull back the cover again. I cry hard, my one best friend who felt like my sister is gone. I pull the cover off more. Her hands are folded on her stomach. I see something in her hands. I grab it, it's a piece of paper. I uncrumple it... It says

Dear Margaret,

You really thought since you escaped I would disappear too? No, this is just the beginning. Im sorry about Carly, I knew how much you loved her. She is now permanently blind, so I thought lets keep a possession of this memory. Watch who you befriend, and congratulations on Jonathan... I visited him and he seems to cute.

I will see you soon, but you won't see me...

~EJ

This EJ is taking it too far. What have I ever done to him?!? WAIT! I reread it, oh gosh he says he visited Jonathan. I run down the hall with yelling nurses chasing after me.

I enter his room and run to his side. There's a note taped to his foot. I read it...

Dear Margaret,

Destroy the notes or I will destroy Jonathan. Don't you dare mention me to anyone again or they will suffer, like poor Carly did. Jonathan is cute... you better keep an eye on him. Cuteness kills...

~EJ

I need to be with Jonathan 24/7 wait no I can't. I need someone to raise him and now Kaylen since Im her godmother I don't want harm to come to her either. Drew enters after me. "What the heck is up with you?" He says. "I want you to take Jonathan as Kaylen...

keep them as far away from me as possible."

"That's stupid." He says in a rude tone. "Please, take them." He nods and kisses me. He wraps his arms around my shoulders, and I hug his chest. "We will figure this out." I can't hold it in. I knew I promised to be strong, but I can't... I cry hard on Drew's shoulder. My tears stain his shirt.

I lost another sister, because I was stupid. I can't handle this!!! The whole EJ thing... I've lost too many loved ones. What the heck does this guy want from me. What happened in the past that is still affecting people today. I fear for Jonathan. I wanted to give him the world but instead I made his life HE double hockey sticks.

-------------------

OMG EJ is out of control!!

Please recommend my book I want 2k by Saturday!!!

Question: what state do you readers live in? (Or country @mariamumer98)

I live in Minnesota!!

Remember:

VOTE

COMMENT

FOLLOW

ily all:*