One Moment Chapter 26

We woke up to loud clunky feet coming down the stairs leading to the basement. We straighten up and pretend to be statues. I grab Carly's hand and give it a squeeze, she does the same with mine. Then Marcus ducks under the doorway and comes close to us. "Morning ladies!" he says almost to excitedly. He circles around the pole and crouches down in front of me. "An extra special good morning to Margaret." he strokes his hand against my cheek. I shiver at the touch of his skin.

"OK let's get you girls out of those bounds." I've gotten so used to them that I forgot that me and Carly were both handcuffed to the metal pole. Marcus pulls out a key from his pocket and heads towards my cuffs first to unlock. "No. Do Carly first." He nods then unlocks Carly's. As I hear the sound of the metal handcuffs hit the cement floor I started to cry. We are free from the bounds that kept us from doing things. Then I feel Marcus behind me and hear the clink of the handcuffs too. Then I felt a huge weight lifted. I stand up and look at Carly, she is crying too. I hug her until Marcus breaks us up. I then look down at my wrist and *gasp*. There were HUGE purple, blue, green, and Black bruises all over my arms from my elbow to my wrists. I rubbed them then stopped right away, the pain was unbearable. Ok girls Follow me and don't even think of trying anything funny." we nod and respectfully follow.

We take a step and almost collapse. Our legs were so weak from only sitting for months, that we couldn't hold our body weight. "What the heck .is wrong with you?", Marcus screams at us. "Marcus...I..i can't feel my legs." I stutter praying he won't beat me. "Fine I'll carry you." One by one me first, Marcus picks us up then Carly. He threw us over his shoulder like rag dolls, then throws us on the couch in the taxidermy room. All the curtains were closed I wonder why. Oh yeah that's right, two kidnapped girls were inside the house. Then he goes to the kitchen and comes back with a HUGE roll of duct tape. "I'm sorry girls but we need to take precautions." Ugh! more bounds. He comes over to Carly. Then he starts at her wrists and wraps it around them five times. Carly squealed out in pain from the tightness on her sensitive bruises. Then he slowly walks over to me. He puts the end on one place of my wrists and pulls back the roll. I know it's going to hurt so to prevent myself from screaming I bit down on my lip. He wraps it once, I bit harder. Twice, my lips start to feel numb. By the fifth wrap blood was dripping down my chin from me biting my lip so hard.

Then right when we thought he was done with the duct tape he cuts two small pieces. Oh dang he's going to...before I could finish he slapped the swatch of duct tape over my mouth. Then went over to Carly and did the same. "Since you two are now above ground level we need to take more precautions. As you can see all the curtains are closed, and don't even try the doors. We got them all double locked, and the windows. So there is no escaping. If you even attempt you will BOTH be punished so severely you will have nightmares about for the rest of your life."

No need to threaten us. We both know that we will die in this house, and we can't do anything to prevent it so we just go along with it. "Also you girls will do what we say when we say." We just sit there. I don't know why he asks. He already knows that we surrendered our lives to them in a silver plate so why do this? To scare us. Then he pulls out two blindfolds. "I need to blind fold you girls, just until we get to our location. He ties them tightly. Then hoists us up on his shoulders. I could feel the shag carpet under my feet. I think we are in the hallway. We go into another room. He grabs Carly and sets my down on the floor. "Don't move.", he instructs. Then after about a minute I hear his deep breathing. He pulls me onto his back and it feels like he's climbing down a ladder. Great a hidden room, my chances of rescue are getting thinner and thinner. The ladder ends and he sets me down. Then takes off my blindfold and reveals my new home, my new prison.