One Moment Chapter 24

It's been seven days, I think since I moved in with Carly. We have a schedule. Every morning Tasha comes down stairs and spoon feeds us glop. Then we sit in silence...Ian ungaged me two days ago thank goodness. My mouth still tastes like dirty rag. Then we whisper to each other... we don't get lunch. We usually stare out the window and whisper pieces of conversations.

Then we hear Ian come home and he goes checks on us... by checks on us I mean he slaps us and makes sure that we fear him. Which I do. Carly on the other hand never shows any sign of weakness. I am amzed on how strong she is. One time Ian got mad at her when she didn't respond to him. So he got up in her face and slapped her. Instead of respodning to him, she smiled at him and said, "Is that the best you've got?"

Then the day came where Marcus moved in. I feared that Ian would bring home another girl like he did with Carly when I came. But I was wrong. Marcus is in fact a man... He's 6 three and looks like a professional football player. He's very muscular and kinda scary. He has short brown hair and black eyes. He's twenty three at least that's what I heard.

We hear him every morning stomping around the house. Then one day after Ian left from one his "visits" he left the door unlocked. Marcus was bringing down his empty suitcase or just exploring whatever it was he came to the basement. We heard his fat steps go closer to the stairs. Me and Carly were scared thinking he was going to harm us. Then he came down the creaky old steps. We heard the knob move and slide open. "What the heck?", Marcus said. Me and Carly stiffened up and put our heads down"What the heck do we have here?" He sounded more pleased then shocked of confused. He walked around the pole looking down at the both of us.

"Did Ian leave me a little present?" What? Is he saying what I think he is saying? Is he happy to find two innocent teenage girls found hostage in a friends basement? The slit of hope I had to be free was crushed. "Ohh this is gonna be fun." I started to get scared. Ian never harmed us just scared us. Just then we heard the front door of the house open. "What the", we heard Ian said as he ran down the stairs. "Marcus?" Ian asked. "Oh hey pal I um just the door was open and well curiosity killed the cat haha." He said practically sweating. "Phew it's ok man, I knew you had to find out somehow..." Ian walked over to Marcus they grabbed hands and did an awkward man hug. What?!? Ian is ok with Marcus knowing he's kidnapped two girls. We'll technically one but whatever.

"So what do you think?", Ian says as he outstretched his arm towards us. Me and Carly were scared. We had our heads down so we wouldn't make eye contact. "I think it's impressive, may I?" He asks. Ian nods in response. I couldn't see what was happening but when I opened my eyes Marcus was face to face with me. "Well well well. Whose this?" He asked. Wait is he waiting for me to respond or Ian. After a few seconds Ian replies. "That is Margaret." I look up at Marcus which was a mistake. Our eyes made contact and something happened. I felt fear. Fear for my life. Those black eyes of his seemed like the gate way to death. "Hello Margaret." My mouth reacted before my mind... "It's Meg thank you very much." I spit at him.

Ian walks over to me. "What did I say about you talking?" I remember that when he took the gag off he made me swear not to speak again in his presence. "Do want me to get the gag?" Oh gosh not the gag. I shake my head no. "Wow Ian take it easy I give Miss Meg the permission to speak or I will tell them your secret." Ian seems to be juggling the bargain. "Ok it's a deal but no sassy mouth from you Missy." I nod then put my head down. "Ok Ian tell me about these fine ladies." Marcus says as he circles us like a lion stalks his prey.

"That one right there is Carly. And you've already met Meg. I have had Carly for seven months and Meg for five." He explained things about us and blah blah blah...

"Hey Ian. I have an idea.", Marcus says with a smirk on his face. "How bout we take ownership of these fine properties you have here." Wait? Is he talking about us?!? Dang it he is. "Ok bud, what's the idea." "I like miss smarty pants sass. Plus she looks good." This doesn't sound good. "Ok so what do you suggest?", Ian asks. "Well ya know how you have been depressed since you and Tasha broke up?" Oh good Tasha gone. "Yah, your point." "Be sad no more... Now we have the best medicine." Oh gosh... Ian smiles and nods. "sounds good. Let's give the ladies one last night before they ya know." Marcus nods an starts to head towards the stairs. "Good night Margaret." When the door shuts me and Carly both start weeping.

We wept for hours then silence approached us, and we became so exhausted from crying. "Margo?", her sweet voice says. "Yes Carly." I ask. "I need to tell you something... I'm scared." I smile and start crying again. "Me too Carly." Then again, silence. "Carly I have I tell you something." "Oh Margo you can tell me anything." And I know I can. "A while back ago I had a dream of a little girl... her name was Ava...

----------------------------------------------

HEY GUYS/GALs!! I'm am sooooooo sorry I haven't updated in like FOREVER!!! I recently went to DC and my phone got broken so I'm using my moms right now to write this(: we are going to get it fixed an I will be updating chapters more often... I can't believe I've gotten this manyi reads!!! I'm trying to reach 500!! So tell all your friends who have wattpad to check out my book. More fun on the way!!!! Love u all!!:*