One Moment Chapter 16

Hanna didn't waste any time. She kept her promise and helped me give me room a make over. First we bought paint. Hanna surprised me and picks out a dark magenta. We then got white paint and touched up the door frame and windows and edging. After that we stripped the floor of the shag carpet so I had polished wood floors. Hanna picked out a black and white designed rug for my room. She then picked out a cheap mattress and bed frame. The bed frame was metal but it was better then an air mattress. She found the cutest bed set. It was black and white and had a monogrammed M on the pillows. We got a cheap white nightstand and a Chrystal like lamp with a white shade. We found a dresser at a garage sale and put my clothes in that instead of the trunk. When we were putting my clothes in the dresser I took the papers from the bottom compartment and stuffed it in my backpack. We then got a bookshelf from a donation center and put the books in the corner in it. We then used the extra white paint and painted the shelf.

The bathroom was hard. Hanna chipped in and helped me get a cement counter for the sink, and a real shelf instead of a wood plank for the shelf. The floor we took old tiles that we found and made is look like a stained glass window. We got a plumber to fix the faucet so now normal water comes out. And last but not least we got gorgeous new curtains for my window that were white lace but had a black design in it. Then as a early birthday gift Hanna put in a chandelier on the ceiling where my light bulb used to be. I cried looking at the room. I loved Hanna so much and no one would have done this for me. Not even my mother... Mommy. I've been so distracted with school, and trying to fit in that I totally forgot about the lose of my mother. As I stood dazzled out. Hanna asked if I was ok. I replied yes.

We then got little things. Like Kleenex box, toothpaste, toothbrush, shampoo, towels, conditioner, body wash, hand towels, a laundry bin. Hanna suggested that I make a little hiding place for my secret stuff. I thought that was a good idea. So I found a big crack in my wall by the window. I lifted it open and saw that it was a decent 1 by 1 area.

As the day ended Hanna had to go home. "Hey I'll see you tomorrow at work!" I scream after her outside. "Haha ok! I'll punch in first." "No I will.", I laugh. Hanna is my first best friend I've had in my entire life and Im blessed to have her.

I go back to my room and start my science project. Then I hear a door slam. I leave my room to investigate what the sound was, I shouldn't have left. Ian was standing in the kitchen drunk as ever. He had his shirt untucked and practically off his shoulders. His pants exposed his tweety bird boxers. He was about to fall down so I walked over. "Hey Ian." I say talking a sweet tone cause I know never to get a drunk person mad. He turns towards me swaying. " please take a seat, you look tired." He obediently does as I say. I walk over to the coffee pot and make some black coffee for him. I set the mug on the table next him. His head was down and he rolled it over and was looking at me. "Do you love me?" He says about to cry. "Of course I do." He stares at the mug then replies. "You're LYING!!" He grabbed my hair and pulled my face right up to his face. I could smell the stench of alcohol in his breath. He tugged even harder when I squeaked in terror. "You don't love me... You NEVER LOVED ME!!"

He throws the coffee mug at my head and the impact knocks me out. I was dizzy. I tried opening my eyes.. I saw Ian on the floor next to me.."oh Gosh what did I do?!?" He yells out still drunk. I closed my eyes when he was calling the ambulance... Then I drifted away. I woke up in the hospital and my head was pounding....