One Moment Chapter 13

The walk was long and the directions where confusing. Tasha lied. Finally I turn the corner and I see it. This is my first year of school. Not to mention that it's high school and I

Don't know anyone or anything. Well I guess I'll have to survive somehow. I read the plaque on the building. Kennedy High School or KHS. I take a deep breath and walk towards the entrance. As I walk towards the door I already notice people noticing me. The girls where whispering in groups and are lookin over at me. On the other hand the guys are all checkin me out. Ive never communicated with people my age before.

I walk through the door and go to the office which is right in the front of the building. Inside was a desk and a door leading to the nurses office. I go up to the secretary. "Umm hi Im Margaret Clink. Im new here." I say. "Oh your miss Margaret. Welcome to Kennedy High School. Home of the fighting Wasps. Here is your school planner, a map of the school, your schedule, and a guide. It will tell you about the school more." It sounds like she memorized what to say. I mouth thank you and walk out.

I look down at my schedule then corresponded the room number and tried find it on the map. When I think I knew where it is I start Walking. I was so busy trying to find the room that I forgot what the class actually was. I check the schedule and this is what it says:

1st period- English

2nd period- History

3rd period- Gym

4th period- Study Hall

5th period- Lunch

6th period- Science

7th period- Math

8th period- German

Seems decent. I have been taking German since I was 5 so Im practically fluent but I can't argue with the office. That class is going to be an easy A.

Im sitting there looking at my schedule and then I look up see Im not alone. A tall dark skinned boy in jeans and a letter jacket grabs my things and says. "Your not from around here newbie". I stay calm cause of my promise. "Yeah Im not." He smirks. "I heard a rumor that you moved in with Ian Thomas. Is that true?" I forgot that Ian's last name was Thomas. "Yes, I did." His eyes widen. "If you are being held captive blink twice." I look at him confused and apparently he understood. "That guy is trouble. He umm how to put it. He's bad news" I keep looking at him confused. "He likes girls. Like A LOT. Wow that guy is lucky. Getting to have live with you." Im shocked. I've never thought of myself as attractive. "No. He hasn't touched me in anyway. I've only seen him once in the past week I've lived there. Now I would really be happy if you hand me my stuff back and left me alone thank you." He was shocked by my reply. He put my stuff back on my desk and walked back to his chair.

The bell rang and we took our seats. The teachers name was Mr. Fitz. He seems nice, young, cute. We got textbooks on poetry and took short notes on the history of poetry. Our homework was a parent/GUARDIAN signature for a class standards sheet.

The rest of the day flew by. In gym I found out that the locker rooms had showers. I decided that I would take showers at school and brush my teeth at school from now on. So I'll have to leave even earlier. Here is what I wrote win my planner:

1- sig.

2-worksheet, sig.

3- none

6- crossword, sig.

7- sig., pg. P13 #1-15

8- sig., short story intro

It was fun yet scary. I think I will like KHS. Well I start walking out the door and down the street.

After 45 minutes I make it home by 4:50. That's close timing. Too close. I go to my room and start doing History, German, Science, and Math. My German homework was to easy.

Name- Margaret Clink

Hour- 8

Guten Tag! Ich heiBe Margaret. Ich bin vier-zehn. My Lieblings Farbe ist Grau. My Lieblings Monet ist Juli. Tschüss!

I finished it in two seconds. I check my solar powered alarm clock on my cardboard nightstand and it says 5 O clock. I get up put my finished homework away. And go into the kitchen. What I see shocks me...