One Moment Chapter 5

Before I knew it the day of the funeral came. I wore my moms favorite dress on me. It's a white dress with a Lacey covering over it. Then I wore a light brown belt with it. While I was putting make up on Liza came in. "Oh Meg you look so beautiful. You are spittin image of Marlene." Tears came to my eyes, "you really think so?" Liza nodded. I mouthed a thank you to Liza. She just smiled.

It was a simple funeral the only guests were me and Liza. My mom didn't have any friends, she was to busy with work. No family. They all lived in Europe or are dead. As they lowered my mothers casket Liza started sobbing. I stood there with a straight face. Right there and then I vowed to myself that I would never EVER reveal my true feelings to ANYONE! I vowed that I would never cry or smile or laugh. That I would have a blank expressionless face that no one even scientists would understand. I promised to keep my words and thoughts to myself and only speak when spoken too.

I also promised that I would forget my past. I would forget my old happy family from when I was little. I would forget who Marlene Fritz was, and who she was in my life. I cleared my mind right there on that rainy Sunday.

After the funeral Liza asked me what I wanted to do. I told her that we could eat out. So we went into Wendy's. while waiting in line I looked at the people sitting an enjoying there meals. Then I spotted at a 4 person booth a family. The father was laughing a deep laugh, the mother was spoon feeding mandarin oranges to a child that looked no older then 3. Next to the father was a boy who looked around the age of 5. The family was laughing and eating. That sight triggered a memory...

It was a crisp Autumn night. There was a roaring fire in an old brick gas fireplace. Two couches that were yellow faced each other in front of the fireplace. In between the couches was a brown low to the ground fumed oak coffee table. In front of me was a beautiful scene. There was a woman who had no wrinkles except the ones she got when she smiled too much. She was sitting on the couch sewing what looked like a quilt. Next to her was a cheery looking man with a reddish beard. He looked well built and had really nice/white teeth. Across from him on the other side of the table was a little girl who looked 4. They were playing the game of checkers. On the floor by the fireplace was another child. It looked young but not to young maybe 2. It was playing with a Barbie. It took me a second to realize that this was my family. The child playing the game was me. The softhearted woman was my mother. But who was the man? Was that my birth father? I didn't recognize him from any of the pictures mother showed me when I was 10. Also who was the young child? Did I have a younger sibling? Why wouldn't mom have told me? I need answers that nobody knew....

---------------------------------------------

Sorry for the short chapter... More on the way! Love u all:*