One Moment Chapter 48

~Meg's POV~

I've been living with Hanna and Drew since i got discharged from the hospital three days ago. Finally I wake up, it's the day of the trial. I get somewhat fancy. I wear a tight royal blue dress with a black monarch butterfly pattern. It's tight at the waist, and ends mid thigh. I'm wearing black flats with small bows at the top. Then I curled my hair and put a headband with a black bow on, so it matches my shoes. I go down the stairs and see Hanna in a light pink dress with a white lace long cardigan. Drew is wearing a shirt and tie. We get in the car and drive to the courthouse.

We we enter and start the hearing. I listen half awake half asleep. I look at the men in orange. They are monsters, they ruined my childhood. Then the dreaded moment, I'm called up to the bench.

"Miss Clink, how do you know these men?" The judge asks. "Ian Thomas is my step step father, and Marcus Brody is Ians friend." She nods. "What exactly did these men do to you and Miss Mason." I gulp hard, now the world will know. "They locked me in rooms, starved me, abused me, chained me to a pole, raped me, and physically AND verbally hurt me." I say in one long breath. The audience starts an uproar and the judge slams the hammer yelling. "Order in the court." I walk back over to Drew and he put his arm around my shoulder.

We wait while the jury decides the punishment. Then a man stands with a microphone. "The jury has decided punishment for Ian Thomas is by death. And punishment for Marcus Brody is life in prison your honor." Good that man is going to pay. Ian looks back at me and smiles.

Ian's death is planned for tomorrow afternoon. We go out of the court and head home. Hanna and Drew's parents are in Hawaii for a month so the place is all ours. I change into yoga pants, and a crop top that is gray with lace Capri sleeves. It says "Beauty lies within." Hanna puts on yoga pants and is wearing a neon pink PINK sweater. We are both wearing tan uggs, and light make up. Hanna but her hair up in a high ponytail and I have mine in a high bun. Drew is wearing a Nike shirt that says, 'unleash the beast' and red basketball shorts. He's wearing black and purple high tops.

We get into Drew's car and decide to have a night out. We go to Applebee's... My FAVORITE restaurant!! I order boneless BBQ chicken with ranch. Drew orders the cowboy burger, and Hanna had the oriental chicken salad. We sit there then the creepy happens. I'm eating and I hear a voice, "Margaret is that you?"