Chapter XV

CHAPTER XV: The unbelievable happened

------------------------------------------------

"So Andrea, why the fucking hell do you have to complicate my life? What did I do to you? Care to explain?"

I was so taken aback for his exasperated tone, I didn't know what I was supposed to say. We were in his office, sat down on one of his leather armchairs. Trying to find an answer I took a peek at his studio. It was decorated with antique furniture, the walls were painted in a light cream colour and the ceiling was made of wood. Victor's desk was in the middle of the room, with three leather armchairs, one behind and two in front of it. He always liked to work on a laptop and his documents were scattered on the wooden table.
At my left there were three sofas shaped as a horse hoe, in the middle a coffee table and behind, on the wall, a TV. On both sides of the office were bookshelves, filled with all types of books. When I was little I used to study and read in there meanwhile Victor worked on clan's issues. I just loved it, the room was freaking awesome mostly thanks to Vicky's idea of the round big window wall behind his desk. It was incredible.

"Hello? World to Andy? The Pancake Goddess wants to know your answer."

Instantly the name of my divinity made me focus on Vic again.

"Eh? What about the Pancake Goddess?"

"You're impossible..."

He sighed deeply making me frown. What was going on inside the man's head?

"Why?"

"You don't remember what I asked before, do you?"

"Ehm-No?"

"God, stupid girl."

"Hey!"

He cocked an eyebrow as saying 'Hey, I'm just saying the truth'. Starting to be nervous, I did what I used to do. Smoke. I reached for Vic's pack and grabbed a cigarette, bringing it to my mouth, I lit it up.

"Andrea, why are you so complicated? I mean, it's me who has to face the problems you created."

Smoking a drag, I saw him reaching for one too.

"What are you talking about?"

"I'm talking about yesterday, how you treated Kyan. Oh, without forgetting today, the beating you gave to him and your speech. Now, how do you think I should face this?"

"Oh c'mon Vicky, you know my intentions are good."

"Your intentions are always far from good. But Andy, do you have a problem with Kyan? Because if yes, I can call him and the three of us can discuss it, you know. And, did you feel important giving the 'Pee in your pants' speech?"

What the hell? I was so lost, like if I was in the middle of the fucking Pacific Ocean!

"I don't have any problems with the Beta, he's stupid and deserved the beating I gave him today. And for the speech, well now I can rest in peace."

His features hardened, making me gulp, but as I was smoking I coughed.

"You will rest in peace after me beating your fucking asshole."

"Ew! That's gross!"

"Andrea, you're about to cross the line."

"But-"

"No buts here! Okay, this is what you're going to do. You're going to go to Logan and the others and apologize to them, and then you go to Kyan and talk things please."