Chapter VI

CHAPTER VI: The grumpy Snoopy

------------------------------------------------    

"What the actually fuck Victor?! This has to be a fucking joke of yours!"

I made my way where my Alpha was, on one of the chairs behind the desk, facing the guests. I felt all the eyes burning on me while I reached Victor. Once I was next to him I decided to calm things down.

"Sorry for my delay. I was busy with the clan's work that Alpha Victor assigned to me."

Sitting down I realized I made the wrong move. You could have cut the atmosphere with a knife. Shocking faces and angry eyes were on me and on my upper rank. I even could swear I heard growls.

"Why are you so late? What happened?"

Victor whispered to me, while I listened to him I was smiling at the crowd that looked like at a given moment they would climb on the stage to rip our heads and guts out.

"Nothing... I'll explain everything later... I think now, for our best sake, we should start with the assembly."

Whispering back I sat composedly on my chair, Victor cleared his throat.

"As you well know, today we are here to discuss about the Mutilators. So we would like to start with the main point of all of this."

Listening carefully to him, my breath started to go heavy, I sweated cold and I was trembling on my chair. I couldn't heard the voices anymore, only a pitched sound, it seemed that it was going to break my eardrums. Then my vision was blurring. I was back only when Victor lightly pinched me on my arm.

"The situation worsened and you seem to be in another world... What the hell is going on with you? Are you even okay?"

I was so thankful to him to bring me back. While he whispered to me, some Alphas were asking explanations of what was happening. The crowd was getting mad for moments and Victor wasn't even paying attention to them, I saw the hint of worry when he asked me.

"-Alpha Victor! Are you even listening to what we have to say on this?!"

A raging voice filled the room, silencing everyone. It sounded almost like a demoniac growl. Were they that angry? Looking at the only man standing with proud and rage I decided to take advantage. Peeking at my side I saw Victor, who, as if he had read my mind, nodded at my intentions.

"As my Alpha said, today we are here to talk about the Mutilators. Once we finished, if time permits, we will answer all your questions. Thank you."

I was getting really pissed off. Why were they so angry at Victor's decision? The crowd seemed pissed but not as before.

"Thank you."

The man sat next to me, whispered back. I smiled in reply. Then I saw one of the Vic's closest friends raising up.

"Sorry Victor, we know each other since childhood, but I think you should have told us before deciding all of this."

Before my Alpha could speak, I slammed my hands on the desk and I stood up.

"Sorry Alpha Max, but why does it seem to me that you're all a bunch of sexiest that don't accept the idea of a woman become the next Alpha?"

"Andrea I didn't mean th-"

"Because a woman will be never stronger than a man!"

"Do you want to try your luck Alpha Theo?!"

"Enough! As my Beta said and as I said before, all the questions will be answered after the conclusion of the assembly! Now please I would like to start the damn meeting!"