Chapter XXVII

CHAPTER XXVII: Time

------------------------------------------------

After hours of being closed with Andrea in her bedroom, I went downstairs to make us something to eat. After our bath together we didn't speak again about Kyan, I knew her and I was well aware to drop the theme.

Once I put on some gym pants, I made my way towards the kitchen. I didn't care if I was shirtless, the house was pretty hot, probably someone turned on the heating and light up the fireplace in the living room. Victor had a very good taste when he decided to build the house, it was also well organized inside.

I went directly towards the fridge, my upper body was bent downwards looking for something to cook when I heard a growl behind me, which, in a first moment scared me shitless. Briefly I thought it was someone gay, since I was bent over, but no. Instinctively, I sniffed the air and I knew it was Andrea's mate.

When I was about to turn around a hand made contact with my left shoulder and did the work, now I was facing an angry Kyan. His eyebrows were furrowed and an angry scowl replaced his normal features. He was followed by Benjamin and Mason, Logan and Oliver were turned around on the couch, watching us from above the back, with their arms on it.

"Why the hell are you smelling like Andrea?!"

I shoved his hand away from my body. If everything was about Didi I was okay to discuss it, but I hated when someone put its fingers on me. Closing the fridge's door I acted as if nothing had happened so, I opened a beer and took a pasta package.

"First of all, calm down. Second, I didn't do anything with her, okay? Third, you should ask first and then show your guts, even if that kind of tricks don't work with me."

"Sorry, you're right. I didn't think about it. I'm just..."

"Worried? Thoughtful? Culpable? Yeah, I can imagine it."

He sighed, so I just hit the winner spot. I knew the guy was trying his best to affront this as an adult but dealing with Didi wasn't something as easy as to say it. He pulled his hand back, seeming a bit stressed and lost of words, while Benjamin sat on one of the black dinner table's chairs, followed by his brother.

"You see, Andrea it's a very difficult person to deal with. Put yourself in my pants, when I first came here I wanted to kill her, I just hated her so much, and it was everything for her shitty personality. But when she opened up to me about her past, I instantaneously understood her."

"I know! I know she had to deal with terrible things, but she doesn't trust me. I have tried but she's just so hard, at least to talk tome, but she refuses."

I was laughing internally at what Andrea was doing with the poor guy. I felt between the sword and the wall, I understood Kyan, the need to be with his mate, it felt as real as to breath. But for another hand I knew why Didi was doing it, if he just knew he would have understood it immediately. He needed someone who gave him a little help, if not he could have gone crazy.

"I know you're not stupid, you can imagine she won't trust you that easily. Just hear me out, she needs time to think alone, now it's not the time to stress nor to press her to tell you about her past. Best advice? Give her some days to clean her mind, you should do the same. Cold down, so you can think things straight."

Okay, I didn't have a mate, but I knew Andrea as my own body, as the palm of my hand. When her demons tried to take control of her mind she always was under unbelievable pain, fear and anxiousness. She had a lot of problems, but that didn't mean I wasn't going to help her mate to, at least, understand her in a better way. She was difficult, yes, but not impossible.