Chapter XXV

CHAPTER XXV: Painful memories

------------------------------------------------
"I swear, I love you Andrea."

"I love you too, Nigel."

He smiled down at me, showing the dimples on his cheeks. His sky blue eyes shone every time we were together, highlighting his blonde and soft hair. He had a military-style cut, along with big and bright ocean orbs, a perfect aligned nose along with full kissable lips.

I didn't remember in which moment of my life belonged this memory. The only thing I knew was how happy we were and how good was the taste of his mouth. We could have had a future, so, how could things end up the way they did?

'It's because he was fooling you.'

'Did you think he cared about you? Poor Thana... she's always the victim, isn't she?'

'He wanted to see you empty, numb, desolate, ruined, broken! He wanted to destroy the demon you should have been from the beginning, leaving you at the mercy of the darkness!'

I felt tired and mentally exhausted. I couldn't argue back even if I wanted to. My demons had my mind at their own control. I was a puppet. A doll they could play with. Someone who was split in half, not owner of her mind or soul, waiting for somebody who could tame and control her. A slave.

'Oh my beautiful Thana, how stupid can you be making the same mistake as years ago? Didn't Nigel teach you anything?'

It was cold, I couldn't find a light source. I was shrouded in darkness, but something told me I wasn't alone until a voice spoke. It was familiar, and that was what worried me the most. In my nightmares my demons always played with me, making me go crazy until I woke up.

'Girdiwa, is that you?'

'Yes, Thana. But I'm not here to talk, I'm here because I want to make you live again a moment of your life. When you changed.'

'No, please! That-'

I was again in the place of my bad dreams, where everything started.

The smell of sweat, urine, excrement, and vomits filled my nostrils, reminding me how dirty the room was. The walls were painted in a light gray color, but you couldn't almost see it since it was covered in muck and blood. My mom and sister were chained on one of their ankles, at the other side, facing me. Instead, I had a collar with sharp spiked on the inside, making contact with my neck, along with my cuffed wrists and shackled feet.

I couldn't move, even if I waned to. My head hurt and my breath sped up at the sight. I started hyperventilating, my vision was blurry until I heard a slammed door, that was when my world stopped. The guy I loved, before my eyes, with an evil smirk plastered on his face. My only question was, why?

"My beautiful Andrea, you're awake. That's good, I'll let you drink some blood, next I'll free you and we will have a bit of fun with your mother and sister. Shall we?"

Shaking my head furiously, I took a glimpse at my family. They were looking at us. I would never forget how scared they were, and I was too, since Nigel wanted to get me out of control. My, what I used to call, boyfriend approached me, he rolled up his left sleeve and taking a folding knife, he knelt right before me and offered me his bared wrist where he cut on the veins, horizontally.

The smell of blood was driving me crazy, and he knew it. Smiling mischievously, he made me drink his sweet dark red liquid. It was an addictive taste, I couldn't think about to stop, since my inner demons were being feed. In this way they got stronger, so it was easy for them to get free or take the control over my body and mind. When he thought I had enough, he pulled back, leaving me a needing mess.