Chapter XXIX

CHAPTER XXIX: His past and family

------------------------------------------------

"You know Andrea, Kyan is not a bad guy, not at all. It's just that sometimes, it's difficult to handle him, but trust me, he cares about you, actually a lot." The Alpha of the 'Shadow of the Black Mountain' pointed out, making me sigh. "I already know that Logan, but I can't help it. The mate thing is for a couple who wants to share their lives with the other, and Kyan and I don't want the same thing." I was trying to make him see thinks the way I did, but it was useless.

He cursed loud enough to make me hear, knowing I was a hard nut to crack. "What I want you to understand is that you're speaking about how to be mated to someone is something for two, but you think your opinion is the only thing that matters. It takes two to tango, you're aware of that, right?" I thought about it for a moment, before nodding, agreeing with him.

In some sort of way Logan was right. The argument I had with my mate two days ago, opened my eyes, to see the real situation. I was acting just for my own purposes, and the poor guy didn't even know why. He deserved, at least, an explanation.

Both Logan and Benjamin were in my room, they wanted to speak with me about Kyan since they knew he wasn't doing that good. By now, all the house knew we had a heated argument, almost rejecting him, damn the one who told everyone. His first and third in command asked what the hell happened since it was odd to see him behaving so strangely, as if he was missing something inside his life, an important part of his body. I didn't know he was that affected.

"Yeah, I'm aware of that. Still, I don't understand why he wants to be with me that badly. If we had rejected each other, he would have been with one he thought it was the best for him. I know couples that refused to be with their partner and they're still alive, it's just a bit of pain, nothing more." It was right, people could lived without their respective partners, and he needed to understand that, maybe he would have find a better girl than me, in all the aspects.

"Andrea, you're used to the pain, but Kyan no. And for your stupid cause I'm not letting you hurt him in any way. Maybe it's not the physical pain what scares almost all the people but the psychic, from the outside they seem fine, but in the inside, they're whole, they go crazy. Your mate is the one to keep your balance, you compliment the other, like the light and dark living together in harmony." Ben tried to make me understand, probably tired of seeing his Alpha failing for almost an hour.

True, so fucking true. Benjamin was right, and it was like if he knew what was he talking about, even if I didn't know if he was speaking from a personal experience. I didn't care that much about the pain because, as he said it, I was used to it, all type of pains. People hurt me physically and mentally, and my demons were doing a good job sometimes making me go crazy. They kept speaking, laughing and discussing my very own decision, criticizing even my own existence, it was like if I was Schizophrenic, hearing voices all the time. Something insane.

Suddenly, I heard someone sigh, and when I turned around I saw it was Logan. The three of us were currently sitting on my bed, discussing the whole thing. They seemed worried, fighting internally to let me know something I didn't know. I knew that look and I was sure they were having a mental conversation thanks to their inner link, until the Alpha's voice cut the silence. "I'm going to tell you about some aspects of Kyan's life, but I'd like them to remain in this room."

They waited for me to nod, and when I accepted they shared a look before Logan took a deep breath, preparing himself. I should have been the one to do that, I hated surprises and everyone was doing a good job to worsen that fact. "Do you know about Kyan's problem, right? The one... between his legs?"