Chapter 3

Years have passed since she died, the second person taken away from me, swept under the rug like trash.

She.....is.....not....trash.

I knew all along that my baby would be safe, but I had to believe...I had to force myself to keep mourning so he would never find her.

Man...she's grown so much....my baby

She's perfect.

She looks just like her mother in the face...eyes just like mine...

"Toby......"

Oh God.....

"Toby.....where are you my child?"

I have to leave her for now...I'll see you soon, baby girl.

"I'm here..."

"Ahh, there you are...I need you to return. You and your comrades are going on a special errand for me.........."

I'm overcome by the darkness again and I can't escape....

It feels so wonderful I don't know why I fight it sometimes....

"Name the time and place...."

...

The garage was opened, allowing the moonlight to flit and circle the light exiting the inside of the garage. Multicolored Christmas lights decorated the interior as well as our musical toys. Daryl's drums sit plainly, the chrome exterior resembling a tie died shirt from the lights refraction, turning it rainbow patterned and shiny.

The night air was enough to wipe the sweat off my brow as the wind swept through the small space around us. Our set was well rehearsed and I was eager for tomorrow to come already.

"Now that-"Daryl said, fanning his eyes as if he were crying, however, we all knew he was just being mellow-dramatic. "That was something else, nice job, fam"

I chuckled and put my hair in a messy bun, letting the wind knock off the heat built up on my shoulders. "I'd say that was a set well-rehearsed" I smile widely, more than satisfied, "Nice job" I compliment seeing Casper smirk shyly.

"Ah shucks Seren, that's a mighty fine thing to say"

"Drop the niceties, punk" Amy announced in a deep voice, she couldn't keep a straight face though, laughing just as soon as she spoke.

We break apart and begin packing our gear. "Yo, Seren is it okay if I chill here for a bit longer, I need help polishing up a measure."

I nod my consent, "Sure I don't mind"

Daryl wipes down the chrome on his crash cymbal, and Casper busies himself twisting the tuning keys on his headstock; I do the same while Amy's already packed up and chewing on a baby carrot from the bag she retrieved from the ice box. I lean my head back and open my mouth tall, "Hit me". She takes out a carrot and drops it into my mouth.

Daryl raises a hand as Casper begins helping him take his set apart, "Yo! Hit me!"

Amy smirks and throws a carrot, the orange veggie hitting Daryl on his fore head, making him flinch and seem all out ridiculous.

"You said 'Hit me'?" Amy says chasing Daryl's harsh scowl. He scoffs at me looking for a defense but I just shrug. "You did say it"

"But that wasn't-! You said-! AGH!!" We laugh at each other before Daryl's drums and stool are loaded in Casper's pickup and we're hugging good-bye.