Chapter 18

((HELLO MY BEAUTIFUL JAY BIRDS, ITS COPYCAT HERE MUSIC IN THE MULTIMEDIA IS Kingdom come by civil wars. THIS SONG JUST REALLY HELPS ME IMAGINE WHAT SERENITY IS FEELING WHEN SHE RUNS FROM THE WORLD SHE LEFT BEHIND AND I HAD TO SHARE IT WITH YOU. TRY AND LISTEN TO IT DURING THIS CHAPTER IT REALLY HELPS THE AFFECT.
THIS CHAPTER IS SHORTER THAN THE OTHERS BUT I HOPE YOU ENJOY IT NONETHELESS.))

I listened to the whisping air as I held onto Jeff from behind, watching the lush greenery fall away. Smile dog ran for a good while and I did my best to hold on with my one hand.

Jeff had revealed to me that Smile obviously isn't a normal pup, but has a few...quirks.
Smile has the ability to morph his body from a gigantic beast and back into his original form, and right after demonstrated his monstrous size.

Jeff had climbed onto his back and pulled me up as well. Apparently we're headed to Jeffs house. I didnt even know he had a house.

Either way, the air was cool with fall air and I wondered what it would be like with Jeff now. He said last night that there were people after me, that he wanted me to come with him.

Looks like he got what he wanted.

Seeing how everything he's warned me about has been true, what does that mean when he said "they found me" at least if I'm staying with him I can get some answers.
Though, I'm not gonna lie, all hugged up on him like this sparks that emotion I keep trying to hide.

I love JTK, I dont know if I can love this man. I don't know if I can love Jeff.

With my arm hugging the length of his waist I can feel his muscles through the fabric and my face beats red. I try not to make a big deal out of it and hope to God he doesn't notice.

"You ok back there?" Jeff asked, seeing my irrational fidgeting.

"Y-yea, perfectly fine. How much longer until we're at your-"

Smile pads to a stop and I'm looking at a fairly intact house.

Its small, and, judging by the path marks on the ground, this used to be someones property, an old house placed here for someone to live in. I wonder if Jeff murdered the person who lived here or if it was just abandoned years ago?

To be honest, I don't want to know.

Sliding off of Smile's back, Jeff held out his arms for me to dismount into and I did so knowing he could hold me. With his hands underneath my arms I could feel his biceps tense to place me down and I flushed once more.
Get a hold of yourself!

Once I was standing firmly in place it hit me that this was my new home. I wondered if I could ever really call it home.

"Well this is my humble abode. What ya see is what ya get" Jeff mumbled, putting his hands on his hips.

From where I stood, I saw slash marks through the growing vines a long the cracked wall.
I couldn't help but ask.

"Target practice" he deadpanned and walked inside. I hurried to follow while Smile shrunk down and bounded for the house.

The inside was...something.

There was a couch facing a flat screen with a gaming system and a few games scattered beside it but that was the only highlight. Trash was strewn around the ground along with a duet of muddy human and paw prints. The carpet was matted and brown and the kitchen was worse.
A trash can was flooded with empty cans of food and moldy paper plates, flies scattering the air around it.
The place smelt like a dog pound and I wasn't really surprised.