Chapter 13

(( HELLO MY BEAUTIFUL JAY BIRDS! i AM SO TERRIBLY SORRY FOR THE LATE CHAPTERS, A LOT HAS BEEN GOING ON AT MY HOUSE. ESPECCIALLY SINCE I'LL BE STARTING MY FIRST YEAR OF HIGHSCHOOL ON MONDAY! UGH...I'M GONNA BE A FISH.

*BLUB BLUB*

ANYWAY, THIS CHAPTER IS PRETTY SHORT AND DOESN'T HAVE MUCH IN IT, THOUGH I HOPE YOU ENJOY IT NONETHELESS. AS A REWARD FOR WAITING THIS LONG I SHALL PROVIDE THE FANARTS! HAVE A PRECIOUS BROKEN SERENITY!!!!

ANYWAY, STAY AWESOME MY BEAUTIFUL JAYS AND I SHALL SEE YOU IN THE NEXT CHAPTER OF MP&S))

I sat in my seat, packing up my notebooks as the final bell had just rang. People stared at me as they passed by but didn't bother to voice any of their ridicule, this much I was thankful for.

Amy slipped into the room and made her way over to me, "Hey!"

"Hey, aren't you supposed to be headed over to Munoz's class?" I ask, zipping up my bag and flinging it over my shoulder.

She tilted her head from side to side, as if pondering what to say, "Y-Yea, but I think we need a girl's day out, just the two of us. It is Friday after all"

I sigh, "I—I don't know."

She groans as we exit the class room, headed towards the lockers, "Come on, Seren, It'd be good for you to get out. Especially after last night"

I let my head fall, letting my hair shield her gaze from me, "O-Oh, you heard about that, huh?"

She fiddled with the end of her braid, "Word spreads fast about a whole squad of police cars at your house."

I sighed, rounding the corner to get to my locker, which was easy to spot as I got closer. There were black painted words on the locker door which read out:

"Murderer!"

I scowled at the paint and pulled the door open harshly, letting it slam into the locker neighboring.

"Atrocious" Amy growled, moving the door so she could see. "Doesn't anybody realize that you're the victim in this scenario? This crazy twisted scenario?"

I looked through my locker, putting my books away in their usual order. Instinctively I checked between my math textbook and History notebook, searching for a letter and only finding the one I'd already written.

"He isn't even taking them anymore" I mumbled, pulling out my letter and opening it.

"I don't know, Ser Ser. Maybe you could write another one and— "

I crumple the letter and throw it in the trash.

"—Or not"

I close the locker door and wear a pained expression, "This is so stupid" I whimper.

Amy hugs me and pats my back, "Now do you see why I worry?"

I nod. "I guess...I guess I could use a day off. But I can't today; I have to talk to Beth and Daniel."

"About what?" she inquires and my face falls.

"We—no—I said something I shouldn't have and I just" I sigh in empty spite, "I just messed up. Everything's just messed up. I just want things to go back to normal again. I can barely smile anymore and every time I do it just feels forced and empty. Amy, I'm not who I was before and I hate it!" I lean against the lockers and slide down the metal, taking in the deafening silence of the now empty hallway.

She sits beside me, pushing her back against the lockers too, taking out her braid and letting her hair down. Amy runs a hand through her tangled red locks and sighs.