Chapter 28

Music was blaring on all four corners of the room I was squeezed in. I wriggled my way through a throbbing genital of party goers whose parents I was sure had no idea where they were.

With the typical red solo cup in hand I apparently made it a point I wasn't having fun as an upperclassman  attempted to approach me, but after one look at my face he changed his mind. As much as I was upset no one was approaching me, it didn't hurt my pride as I was on a mission.

At one end of the hosts house, there was a thick circle of people chanting 'chug! chug! chug!'. I had a fleeting suspicion I knew the person in the center and pushed my way through, somehow ditching my drink mid shove.

At the heart of the chanting was Amy, her blond haired bun falling out of her head as she drank at one end of a FloTube, liquor being poured through the other. I shouted at her, but she obviously wasn't listening as she downed the last of the liquid and lifted her hands triumphantly causing the crowd to erupt like a volcano, their lava screams singing at my ears.

I'd had enough!

I stumbled to the middle of the crowd and grabbed Amy's hand, pulling her throughout the house then out the front door.

Although it was dark the lights glowering through the windows gave just enough schene for us to pass through the yard without bumping into the few couples making out in the shrubs outside.

"What the actual fuck, Serenity?!" Amy slurred, her eyes slightly hazed over. Gin licked her breath seductively and I instinctively flinched when she spoke, the smell stronger than I originally thought it would be.

"Have you seen Dar-?"

"ShHshshSHshhhhh", she put a finger over my mouth to hush me, "before you say anything, I just w-wanted to tell you how much I love you" She pulled me into a sloppy hug which I was quick to fight out of.

"Amy, we both know that you're just pretending to be more drunk than you really are. You started drinking in my basement in middle school, so don't even pretend to be wasted right now. I know from experience, that you're far from a lightweight"

She sighed and rubbed her eyes, "Well, I was just ending my third run at the keg, but I guess nothing gets passed you. Did it at least look cool?"

"I think the drinking was more believable than your poor ass attempt to look helplessly drunk."

My best friend proceeded to pull me into a sincere hug; after releasing me, I proceeded tell her my woes.
"Daryl's gotten into some trouble, I need to know if you've seen him."

Amy shook her head, "No, I haven't. Why is he in trouble?"

"He got snared into a tipsy quarrel and now Casper and I are searching for him before he does something stupid."

As soon as I finished that very statement, Casper came running from the side of the house, sweat decorating his brow as he rushed over to Amy and me.

"I think we're too late" Amy exhaled.

...

"Ouch! That's cold!"

"Of course it's cold dipshit, it's ice!" Amy hissed, pressing a Ziploc baggy filled with a few ice cubes against Daryl's blackened eye.

I, one the other hand, worked on Caspers hands as they were bruised and bloody. A wet paper towel was all I could contribute at this point.
"You're beyond lucky that we bailed you out of there when we did. If Casper hadn't shown up when he did you wouldn't have made it out as lucky as you had."