Chapter 2

I...am....not....crazy....

I killed him.

He's dead because of this darkness I can't control and no one will ever know. In fact, they'll suspect me crazy now that I rid her from my life.

That's something I never wanted to do to someone like her....

I'm scared.

No one will know the truth as to what really happened that night, they'll never believe me, and they can never know.

I never wanted to kill him.

I never wanted to kill anyone.

But he tried to kill me like I did to her...I-I didn't know what else to do! I-I had to protect myself; I had to survive to tell them all what really happened! He didn't give me a choice!

Now I can't run...

The being following me won't stop until I join him, abandoning her and everyone I love...

Please leave me alone!!!

Please......

Plea-......

No..........I can't negotiate with him.

He knows what I did.....and it's because of that, that I know I no longer have a choice.

...

As we pulled into the mall parking lot, Amy reached over and pinched my cheek.

"Ow!" I yelped and looked at her strangely, "What was that for?!"

"For a good while" She smirks, using such a cheesy joke it almost seems as though my father had said it himself, "I also did it because you were day dreaming again"

I smirk at her, "Shows what you know, I wasn't daydreaming"

"oh yes you were." She says in a sing song kind of voice "You were thinking about something or maybe...someone?"

I scoff, "Yea right, like I'd do that." I take out the car key and kill the engine, the rumbling of the car halting suddenly.

As I exit the car Amy and I retrieve our instruments. She retrieves her blood red, leather violin case while I grab a plain black guitar case.

I know that this lives up to a cliché I've read in way too many books, but we did comprise a band amongst our circle of friends. In fact I'm very fluent in piano, violin and guitar. It's because of that fact that I wanted to exploit my range and embrace my love for music. In fact, for the past three weeks we'd been competing in a competition meant for local bands who needed a little walk on the path of fame, even though all of us never really wanted to be famous. We just want to be known.

As Amy and I walk into the entrance of the mall, heading for our tiny class in the confines of shops, I couldn't help but finger the small note I'd retrieved today after school. Indeed a note from JTk.

I wanted to open and read it immediately but Amy had been held up in class and we were going to be late. However, once she leaves me in place of her lessons, I'll eagerly open the letter and jot a wordy response on the back of a piece of notebook paper.

"Seren," Amy said, emphasizing my ridiculous nickname, "You're making it unbearably hard to ignore your little giddiness. You're awfully more chipper today than usual."

I smirk and blush slightly, "Take a guess." I say deciding to amuse her "You'll never guess what it is"

She growled playfully and fiddled with the tag on her case "Let's see. It's Wednesday so it can't be anything with test scores, maybe..." Her face lit up and her green eyes glowered on my red cheeks. "Perhaps young master Jason has deemed thine Serenity ripe for the taking?" she said in a pathetic British accent.