Chapter 16

((HELLO MY BEAUTIFUL JAYS!!! THANK YOU FOR THE 400 READS!! YOUR SUPPORT HAS SUCH A BIG IMPACT ON MY WRITING ITS UNREAL, SO THANK YOU AGAIN JAYS!!
*picture in the multimedia is sourced from 'I eat creepy pasta for breakfast' and edited by MiiChiiOfficial

*P.S. IM SO PUMPED WE FINALLY GOT SOME SEXY HUSBANDO JEFF ACTION!!!!))

I couldn't sleep well the rest of that night. Jeff's words echoed in my ears like an endless torture.

"Yea, kid"

"Who's life is more important? Yours or theirs?"

It's always theirs...and that's why I have to leave. But I don't want to.

I don't even know this guy. With everything he threw at me, as well as his horrible attitude, I no longer feel as if he's JTK.

JTK is dead. He died when I lost my arm and I'll never get him back. That compassionate side of Jeff was merely a hoax, it seems.
I don't know who I met in the woods, but he is anything but the nurturing companion I've come to know...the man I thought I loved.

I now have so many questions:
Why is he still young after all this time?
Why did he take an interest in me?
Why am I not dead?
Did he know my parents? It certainly seemed like he knew something when he confronted the murderer who cut off my arm.

But I was in the wrong too. I was so mad I didn't even make an attempt to calm down. I may have thought about it--considered it greatly but did I act upon my better judgment?

No.
And look where it got me.

Maybe there is a better side to Jeff I'm just too stubborn to dig for.
God, I don't know. He's a killer and I should be afraid of him, I should have ran away and never looked back.

I'm not different or special. I certainly didn't get a "mysterious feeling" that convinced me to stay and listen to the crap Jeff fed me.
I just have terrible survival instincts. Or maybe I just fail at listening to them?

Regardless, when I got home I crashed in my bed and tried to sleep, that led to my lying awake for a good three hours.
So here I am, staring blankly into my bowl of cereal, dark circles under my eyes which remind me of Jeff.

Bethany rubs medicine on my arm, checking my scars and such like she's supposed to. The stuff she thumbs over my scars is cold and feels like the IcyHot rub athletes.

"That's horrible what happened" Beth rewards my arm with the soothing cream, though I don't see why, I mean, I'm fully healed. Just a paranoid mom, I guess. 
"His parents are so sweet, the last thing that family needs is a loss."

"Well, Daryl called the house this morning saying Casper was finally resting, so at least there's some recuperation there" Daniel comments.
Casper's parents had finally made it to the hospital early this morning and called Beth. They wanted her especially to work with him considering their history with us, and Daryl promised to be the messenger while they wait for more info.

"Honey I'm so sorry you had to go through that." Beth copes beside me, tightening the cap to the cream tube and getting up to dispose of it.
"You could have woken us up and we could have taken you. It would have saved you the trouble of walking home!"

Yea, and I would never have encountered Jeff. I could have never heard from him again; never felt his grip on my shoulders...or, as embarrassing as it is, wished they would have held me forever.

I don't love Jeff, I deny internally. I'm in love with the idea of him loving me...

I push back my thoughts, "well, the walk was...long, but needless to say, I should have called. I'm sorry. It was a stupid decision on my part."