Chapter 16.

Chapter 16.

Danny's eyes flutter open and his head is still resting on my legs, which are numb now. He looks up at me and then at Belle and then at me again and sighs. He rubs his eyes which are still blood shot.

"Want some pizza?" I ask casually as I reach for one, he nods his head and sits up so that we have now created a little circle between us. He nibbles on his pizza, not saying a word.

"So Danny, care to tell us what you're doing here?" I taunt. He nods and puts down his pizza, he picks it up again and takes a huge bite before putting it back down. Typical Danny.

"I..." He starts, then shakes his head and opens his mouth again "sorry.." He says swallowing his pizza. "I'm a little drunk, so bare with me," he sways. "No wait...." He starts again, "I came here to apologise Meagan...and you Belle. I'm so sorry," he sighs.

"Really, that's it?" I question.

"I..." He says and stops and looks up at me with a sadden expression. This is sad taunting him. But he needs to learn his lesson, although he has already...but that's not the point.

"I forgive you Danny..." Belle half smiles. Danny looks a little taken back and stares at her in shock, his mouth wide open. I reach over and close his mouth with my hand and he looks at me still shocked.

"Well I don't forgive you, because you hurt me a lot and..."

"I can't tell you how sorry I am Meagan, it was a mistake and if I could take it back, I would," he says looking me in the eyes.

"But you can't take it back Danny...that's the problem."

"But you know if I could then I would..."

"Do I know that for sure though?" I say. "The Danny I once knew would have never done this. I dislike the new you."

"Meagan please don't say that," he sobs. Oh god. He's crying again. Seriously, I'm about to give in. "You know why I changed," he says wiping away his tears. I want to wipe them myself and the scowl Belle's sending me is telling me to stop torturing him.

I crawl over to him and wrap my arms around him. He freezes for a second before laying his head on my shoulder and wrapping his arms around my waist.

"Why did you change?" Belle asks ruining the moment. I sigh and pull back. If you're wondering, no I never told her about my mother. She never questioned why Danny and I became distant.

Danny looks at her and sighs. He pulls me onto his lap and wraps his arms around me and leans his head onto my shoulder.

"So am I forgiven?" He asks ignoring her question.

"Yes, you're forgiven," I smile. Belle makes this weird huff but I think it's because he ignored her.

"Danny answer my question...you owe me at least that much," She mutters catching his eyes. He shifts uncomfortably and then looks at me for permission. I sigh and nod my head.

"Well...when...I'm to drunk, Meagan...?"

"Danny grow some balls," I say rolling my eyes. He huffs but finally speaks.

"Erm, a year ago when we were best friends," he smiles nudging me "we uh walked into Meagan's house one, I dunno afternoon? And found her mum and my dad fucking...in the kitchen, on the counter...I think I went mental from seeing that, like I needed phycological help," He laughs and I laugh with him. Belle doesn't laugh of course.

"How come you never told me?" Belle asked with a saddened expression.

"I was never ready too," I mutter. she smiles warmingly at me and I return the gesture.

"So are we letting Belle join our little group now," he says in disgust. Belle pinches his arm and he winces in pain slapping her hand away from him. "I was kidding Little B." he says rolling his eyes.

"So what, we got nick names now?" Belle beams.

"Megz, Little B, and I can be sex god?" Danny smilles.

"How about little D," I smirk. He rolls his eyes.

"It can stay as Danny considering it's already short..."

"Fine," he huffs "now get off of me," he says shooing me off and reaching for another pizza.

"I thought we were bonding?" I pout crossing my arms over my chest. He rolls his eyes.

"Yeah and now I'm hungry," he chukles.

"You can go home now Danny! me and Belle want to go to sleep and a have a little girl time..." I say pushing him out the door.

"I am a girl..."

"Go home Danny you're drunk," I say rolling my eyes and closing the door on his face.

"Ouch, my nose!" he yells running down the stairs. "Nigel! she hurt my nose," he says to my dad, making me roll my eyes.

"Go home Danny you're drunk..." I hear my dad say. We both laugh. We hear the front door open and close and we both fall onto my bed.

"What an eventful night," I mutter.

"I know right....drama....drama everywhere," she says using her hands af if she was painting the story.

———————