Chapter 17.

Chapter 17.

Jace wasn't at school today but I get to see him tonight. Damn, I sound like a love sick puppy and I've only known him for like what? 6 days. Wow. It feels so much longer...

Today I had Biology, English, Chemistry and then gym class. Biology was interesting and I loved it. English was simple and chemistry I found boring today, we did theory with this booklet. I finished it quickly, so I was bored and now I have track and field.

Belle and I get changed in the dressing rooms like normal, into our sports gear gossiping about last night. But since when did girls not gossip.

"So what happened after the Jace and Jarred fight? You never ended up telling me," Belle pouts. I roll my eyes and stop dead in my tracks. "Well this is weird..." Belle mutters.

"Since when did he go to our school?" I ask. Belle shrugs and we make our way over to him.

"Jarred?" Belle says grabbing his attention from the cheerleaders.

"Belle, Meagan? I didn't know you guys went to this school..."

"Yeah, since forever," I chuckle. The cheerleaders huff in annoyance and walk off annoyed.

"Well I moved here like 2 and half weeks ago and refused to change schools, but I'm here now," he laughs.

"Smart choice," Belle smiles.

"What class are you in at the moment?" He asks.

"Gym class, Track and field," Belle and I say in unison making us giggle.

"Yeah, same here," he gestures to the loose basketball pants and t-shirt.

"Yay, same class," Belle chimes in making me smile and Jarred smirk.

"Okay, let's get going before we're late," I say grabbing their arms and pulling them over to class where everybody is stretching.

"No theory today kids! We will be having a work out with the cheer squad and jocks," the teacher says. I groan the loudest out of everyone, Belle face palms and Jarred seems excited. Why? I have no idea.

"You have got to be kidding me! What kind of work outs will we be doing? The slut stretch or something?" Belle complains. She hates the cheerleaders. 90% of them were up themselves.

"Can we not?" I groan catching the teachers attention.

"Sorry Meagan," he shrugs his shoulders.

The whole class makes their way back to the gymnasium and starts stretching. "Okay everyone, Liam head of the football team, Meagan and myself, head cheerleader will be taking you through some exercises," she starts.

"Wait, why me?" I interrupt him looking confused as ever.

"Because you're top of you're class," she says, Tessa is actually a nice cheerleader and head cheerleader which is weird. You would think she's stuck up or something but she is actually really sweet. "Well there's three groups, Liam's, Meagan's and my group, Liam takes my girls I'll take Megan's mixed group and Meagan can take Liam's boys," she speaks. All the jocks cheer and I groan, you have got to be kidding, why do I have to go with a bunch of jocks?

The jocks and I head to the basketball courts with a few balls. Tessa heads to the field and Liam stays in the gymnasium.

"Okay boys, up and down the court," I instruct. They listen and jog up and down the court. Some of them were pretty good looking I must admit.

"Hey, I'm phillip," A guy says, breaking me out of my thoughts.

"Hey, Meagan," I say acknowledging him.

"Yeah, I know who you are," he smiles.

"Aren't all jocks supposed to be jerks?" I ask not meeting his gaze.

"I don't know, I don't think so, why do people say I'm a jerk?" He asks.

"Yeah, considering you're Liam's best friend," I say finally meeting his eyes. They were a blue grey colour, they looked really nice, something I've never seen before...

"Well I guess you could see for yourself if I'm a jerk or not?" He questions.

"Well you don't seem like one surprisingly...." I laugh, he smiles at me an let's out a breath he seemed to be holding. "I've heard about you Phillip, never seen you in person though," I laugh.

"Well I see you around plenty," he smiles.

"Really how? I mean we've never talked, how do you know about me?" I ask curiously.

"Jace..."

"Oh," Is all I manage to say.

"Yeah," he says awkwardly, "I better start running..."

"No need, okay boys push ups," I smirk playfully. There were groans and protests but they got down anyway.

"You're lucky you're hot!" Someone says making me laugh. They all stand up after doing 20.

"Hey, I thought you were the jocks of this school, you're all just wimps," I laugh playfully.

"Oh, no she didn't," one smirks getting closer. "Get her boys," they all run after me but I'm too fast and they all fall to the ground panting.

"Oh you guys are wimps," I smirk.

"Whatever you're just fast!" They say trying to defend themselves making me fall to the ground in laughter.

"Dog pile!" One scream, my eyes widen in fear as I see them rush towards me.

"No!" I protest as one guy jumps on top of me making me laugh. "Get off me!" I laugh trying to push him off but another one just jumps on top of him. I can tell they're both trying not to put all of their weight on me which I'm grateful for. "Come on guys you're killing me here," I grunt trying to push them off me with my good hand. They all jump off of me and Phillip helps me off the ground extending his hand.

"Thanks," I smile wiping my clothes. "You guys are jerks!" I laugh playfully. They all show me crooked grins and run back to the basketball courts.

"Sorry about them, they're basically 18 year olds looking 21 acting 14," he says rolling his eyes making me giggle.

"I expected them to be jerks, trying to hit on me or something but they're all really nice," I smile.

"They are...honestly I don't know how we got the jerk label because majority of us are teddy bears," he chuckles."

"You guys definitely are. Okay everyone let's have a game of competitive basketball!" I scream over the loud boys who start jumping excitedly.

————————